Headset for PS3 (in-game sound)

c-n-c

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
As the title suggests, I'm looking for gaming on PS3. Mainly concerned about in-game sound (don't play online much).
Here's what I've found:

Logitech USB Vantage Headset
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008KXG5/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A24S0N00890G3R

PS3 Bluetooth Headset
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0042R81XU/ref=nosim/6553221-rg1864-00-20

I saw reviews saying some headsets/bluetooth play chat only, or "playing in-game sounds which are supposed to be played through the headset" (what does that mean?)
which is why I'm here for clarification.

Also, will any USB headset do?
Like this one?: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RRY8ZG/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A23NVCSO4PYH3S

I'd like to be as cheap as possible, but I don't want to have crap audio. Budget: ~~$30
I need it because I'm nocturnal and the walls are thin. XD

Solution

woggy101

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

i use the Turtle Beack Earforce X12's they can be used on PS3, Xbox360 and pc they support chat and in game i got them on sale $50 (australia) but our prices are higher than yours. but they are excellent headphones

Solution

c-n-c

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012

$50 is a little over my budget, but I'll take that into consideration. The cable seems long. How long is it? Also, is it plug-and-play?

c-n-c

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Thank you for confirming. One more thing: how long have you had yours? I want to know the durability of it too.

I just checked this, but the Turtle Beach X12, setting it on PS3 requires some special setup?

woggy101

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I've had mine about 6 months, they are really well made but it basicly come's down to how you treat you equipment if you rough house it then it won't last if you look after it then you'll be right.

Now as for the PS3 it's not a special setup basicly if you have it connected via HDMI you will need to plug you RCA into the PS3 and go into your setting's and enable your audio output to your RCA cables so you can plug your headphones into them and just have you output for video running through HDMI but if you dont use HDMI currently just RCA's then its simple plug and play

c-n-c

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I see. Thank you. Would it be possible to connect to the TV audio directly? I just found out that my TV has a headphone jack. Tested it with my headphone (current) and it works. Will still be getting this one, though. Because the current one is for my PC only.

I just use the oficial PS3 headset. It's easy to pair up, and it automatically routes voice audio to the headset when it's turned on and reroutes voice back to tv when the headset is turned off. The sound quality is good also.

I've seen other bluetooth headsets that aren't labeled as for use with the PS3. They will still work, but you have to manually go into the audio settings and reroute the voice audio to your head set/tv.