Unlocked Tbreds! Which are? Which arn't?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Ive seen lots of posts about what cpu's are unlocked and what ones arn't... and what level of unlocking is available.

For example, I know that the XP1700 and XP1800 TbredA cpu's are usually unlocked, at least up to 12.5x.

But what about beyond, and what about TbredB's?
Are ALL tbred's unlocked?

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

svol

Champion
I don't know. But to get your multiplier higher with a below 12.5x CPU you have to close the unclosed L10 bridge and open the other.

With unlocked T-breds I think closing the last L3 bridge should do... if all L1 are factory closed.

Maybe it is just as with the old T-Birds: some are locked, some are not... you just have to be lucky.

My PC eats so much money that I'm in 'desperate' need of it to buy PC3500 RAM, help Svol with his OC project!
--- PM me for information.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well ive talked to probably 6 people so far with tbred of xp1700 or 1800 speeds and they are all unlocked. So its good news on the low end ones.
Tbred B's seem fuzzy. some are some arnt i think.

And regarding the 12.5x multiplier limitation, i dont really think thats an issue as we all know one of the keys to performance improvment is the bus speed, and there is nothing like running at 166fsb or greater. So most of us crank the fsb and lower the multiplier.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

StarkMjolk

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
The T-bred Bs are as far as i know, all locked. Atleast 2400/2600. I have not seen to many myself, but that is atleast the impression I have gotten, and my 2400+ (G stepping) is locked. I would believe the 2700 and 2800 is too, though I am not 100% at this.

You are completly right about the multiplyers, it is only in very rare cases you gain more from increasing them, the bus speed is much more important.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by starkmjolk on 01/10/03 01:40 AM.</EM></FONT></P>