Recommendation HEATSINK for XP 2600+?

kimbahpnam

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2003
Please post what would be a great performing heatsink for XP 2600 w/ room to overclock. How would the Cooler Master DP5-7JD1B-0L be?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kimbahpnam on 01/09/03 07:11 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Its allright, but nothing terribly spectacular.
If you want to overclock, get a top end heatsink and use a moderately quiet fan so as to not loose your hearing! :)

Some good heatsinks include:
Ax7
SK800
Volcano7+
Alpha PAL 8045
and
swiftech MCX-462.

All except the volcano7+ can take any 80mm fan you care to mount on it, from quiet to noisy or variable. The 7+ uses a 70mm fan with 3 speed settings, with slow and medium being not too bad.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
You'll also want a good fan... perhaps a high-output Panaflo (~50cfm), a Thermaltake SmartFan 2 (75cfm - variable w/thermal), a Delta "screamer" (~80cfm) or my choice, the Vantec Tornados (84cfm)... Sunon also makes some high-outputs, but you've gotta look around for those.

Ahhh! It's 2003 and wait, whats this!? My computer didn't blow up! ... Well damn, there goes my new Athlon @ 333FSB and my inssurance claim... heheheh

Good advise in the previous posts, mine is to stay away from the coolermaster I've got one sitting right here and it does not perform like advertised, its been a waste of money as far as I'm concerned, just got my Swiftech today to replace it with, this will be my second Swiftech I've purchased, first is on another machine running fine, no complaints, FYI, the Swiftech outperforms the Coolermaster by 10c, thats a big difference, I've bought all my heatsinks from <A HREF="http://www.inflowdirect.com" target="_new">http://www.inflowdirect.com</A> they've been great to do business with.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.