Problem with Sygate

Last response: in Networking
May 10, 2004 1:20:46 PM

Hello all, I have a problem with sygate personal firewall (I think) The
problem comes when i leave my computer running, i.e. overnight, or when i go
out for the day, i come back to the error saying that 'Ioctl failed' (I/O
controll maybe??) and then after i click ok, instantly another error pops up
saying what hex address in memory the error occured, unfortunately didn't
write that down.

After i click ok with that, sygate shuts down (giving me the idea that
sygate caused the error) and my two messaging services (AIM and MSN
Messenger) sign off, not close, but sign off. This has happened a few times
and i'm curious if this has happened to anyone else using sygate in a win XP
envioronment. If anyone is having a similar problem, or....has a solution,
it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

~Senturon

More about : problem sygate

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 4:23:06 AM

Senturon wrote:
> Hello all, I have a problem with sygate personal firewall (I think) The
> problem comes when i leave my computer running, i.e. overnight, or when i go
> out for the day, i come back to the error saying that 'Ioctl failed' (I/O
> controll maybe??) and then after i click ok, instantly another error pops up
> saying what hex address in memory the error occured, unfortunately didn't
> write that down.
> After i click ok with that, sygate shuts down (giving me the idea that
> sygate caused the error) and my two messaging services (AIM and MSN
> Messenger) sign off, not close, but sign off. This has happened a few times
> and i'm curious if this has happened to anyone else using sygate in a win XP
> envioronment. If anyone is having a similar problem, or....has a solution,
> it would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
> ~Senturon

Hi Senturon,

the DeviceIoControl function provides a device input and output control
interface through which an application can communicate directly with a
device driver. The DeviceIoControl function is a general-purpose
interface that can send control codes to a variety of devices. Each
control code represents an operation for the driver to perform.

Without more detailed information about your system, patch status and
running processes, it's more like a good or bad guess which component is
responsible for the ioctl failure. Try applying recent patches and using
the most recent version of SPF. If you are still experiencing that error
don't hesitate to post more detailed information.

Marty Buren
!