Low FPS GW2 Lowest settings Need help!

vswifty

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
The PSU I'm running is about 300 watts , attached images are just specs.
Should I be looking to upgrade something on this rig? or is something just wrong with my PC?
Because 10 FPS in Huge WvW fights with tons of players rendering on the screen is not fun at all :\.
T4AjI.png

4vSIc.png

Your video card is by far the weekest part so needs upgrading 1st and you will need a better PSU for most cards. Have you tried it on lowest resolution as well. Also 10Gb is a weird amount of RAM as you should have identical pairs and you don't get 5Gb sticks. Do you have 2x4 + 2x1 or something if so try removing the smaller sticks. You could try running a benchmark to check if your system is running how it should but for gaming you need a proper graphics card.

vswifty

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

I'm running 12GB of ram but I'm not sure why it's showing up as 10gb also I've tried running GW2 on lowest resolution and i'm still only getting around 15-25 FPS during large scale WvW battles, Also what would you recommend I upgrade to for my video card?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Guildwars 2 is cpu hungry, and poorly optimized.

Having an amd processor means you are going to need to overclock your cpu to at least 4 ghz.

Give that a try first and tell us how it goes.

Orlean

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
GW2 is very CPU demanding specially in WvW, although a new video card may help slightly but in the end those FX CPU's are just not up to the task to handle games like this. Sadly that computer just can't handle what you using it for.

Here's a GW2 benchmark that Tom's did although not a WvW bench as far as I know it gives you an idea.

CPU%20clock.png

CPU%20Cores.png

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/guild-wars-2-performance-benchmark,3268-7.html

vswifty

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

zSYhr.png

This is what I'm running at right now

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

You are gonna need 4 ghz at least, for that you are gonna need an aftermarket cpu cooler.

So I suggest you read some guides like the ones on this page:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1310387/step-by-step-amd-fx-6100-oc-guide-help