Sign in with
Your question

Need some advice on first gaming rig.

Last response: in Video Games
October 27, 2012 12:49:09 AM

Hi, first time making a rig. Will this be able to run bf3 maxed out, if so, how many fps?
http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/lvIv
Also looking for skyrim maxed out WITH graphical mods.
any help would be nice :) 

More about : advice gaming rig

October 27, 2012 1:03:51 AM

Hi :) 

It MIGHT do it, but that card may not give smooth game play in ULTRA with everything turned on....

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
October 27, 2012 1:27:28 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

It MIGHT do it, but that card may not give smooth game play in ULTRA with everything turned on....

All the best Brett :) 

Really? From what i'v seen people say, this setup should yeild me about 70-80 fps. What video card do you suggest then?
m
l
Related resources
October 27, 2012 7:06:03 AM

Quote:
Hi

All the best Brett.

Hello Sitbar, what Brett said is quite right - You may hit those 70/80 fps as said by other peoples but since you plan on playing Skyrim maxed out and that also with graphical mods, your FPS will drop - No doubt about that. What I suggest to you is that you spend another $75 for getting a GTX 680 2GB instead of GTX 670, Here I have remodeled your PC - http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/lyQx.

Or

I don't know how much your budget is but if I may suggest - I would recommend you to get this - it's a bit more expensive but it's a superclocked edition and I am sure you will manage fine with this. Plus it would serve you well for another 1-2 years max. (Saying this keeping in mind that next year - GTA V will be released and you will need serious firepower, if you know what I mean. You can do an SLI like me when GTA V hits the stores) That's my opinion brother.

All the best to you.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 27, 2012 8:13:57 AM

I personally say that you will be able to play skyrim on max with mods quite easily. My GTX 560 Ti gets around 40-50 fps on full ultra, and since gtx 670 is twice as fast, even with mods it will be able to max out the game.
m
l
October 27, 2012 11:11:11 AM

I think you will be ok with the GTX 670.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
October 27, 2012 12:56:43 PM

+1 unlessyou are really bothered about occasional dips below 60FPS the 670 is more than enough.
m
l
October 27, 2012 1:03:03 PM

RalphJoy22 said:
Quote:
Hi

All the best Brett.

Hello Sitbar, what Brett said is quite right - You may hit those 70/80 fps as said by other peoples but since you plan on playing Skyrim maxed out and that also with graphical mods, your FPS will drop - No doubt about that. What I suggest to you is that you spend another $75 for getting a GTX 680 2GB instead of GTX 670, Here I have remodeled your PC - http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/lyQx.

Or

I don't know how much your budget is but if I may suggest - I would recommend you to get this - it's a bit more expensive but it's a superclocked edition and I am sure you will manage fine with this. Plus it would serve you well for another 1-2 years max. (Saying this keeping in mind that next year - GTA V will be released and you will need serious firepower, if you know what I mean. You can do an SLI like me when GTA V hits the stores) That's my opinion brother.

http://rog.asus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/PR-ASUS-GeForce-GTX-680-DirectCU-II-TOP-Graphics-Card-with-Box-799x559.jpg

All the best to you.

Hey thanks :)  My budget is around 1000. I prefer not to go above 1k, but if it's actually worth the upgrade from the 670, then sure. But I heard that the 670 is very close to the 680 in terms of performance. Is that true?
Also, for skyrim plus mods, I just want to be able to record 40+ fps XD Guess I mixed up my wording :p 
m
l
October 27, 2012 1:04:24 PM

Sunius said:
I personally say that you will be able to play skyrim on max with mods quite easily. My GTX 560 Ti gets around 40-50 fps on full ultra, and since gtx 670 is twice as fast, even with mods it will be able to max out the game.

That is what I was thinking, since there is this guy on YouTube who reviews skyrim with ALOT of graphical mods and other mods installed. And he has the 670 + i5 3570k, which is what I have. So it should be able to play it easily.
m
l
!