Good and Rich Graphics game for Children

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Trine 2. It's a classic fantasy story with very lush graphics made even better by extremely good art direction. It is also (as I remember) acceptable for a 7 year old. It involves a lot of puzzle platforming so it would probably be a good game to get for someone still at a formative age.

A game based on thieving and vandalism is not exactly for kids. Frankly, I won't play it because it sends a vary wrong message to its players.

Trine is good as a puzzle game.

Dirt 2 and 3 are fun driving games.

I can't really think of other games that are both playable by a 7 year old, and appropriate.

If you look for philosophical meanings, sure, it delivers a pretty darn sad message. However, kids don't do that. They ignore the story and to them it's just an innocent open world rpg with guns, bats and vehicles. I know it looked to me that way at least. Let's put it like this: I don't think you would prohibit a 7 year old watching a movie that displays scenes from GTA. If you don't do that, why would you prohibit a game? :)

There is a difference between a movie which has a few scene like that are negative, and one that the foundation is based on criminal activities, and rewards you for it. A movie that would be set like GTA would be R rated, or at least PG-13. This is a 7 year old. The game is violent, and full of acts I would not want a 7 year old to watch. I can't recommend this.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Is this thread really debating whether (any) of the GTA games are suitable for someone under the age of 10? ROFL jesus christ.

Just a tip to anyone who thinks there is a debate to be made here, you can infer that the OP is reasonably conscious of what he exposes a young child to, since he went out of his way to mention their age in the original post. Use your brain a bit more.

Fine, I'll bail out of this thread :).