Morrowind crashes on load after day 70

Sarvolfe

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
My problem is, Morrowind plays fine but crashes whenever I try to load a save game AFTER day 70, it will load all saves before this day. It seems to work alright until it gets to the load progress bar, gets about half way through then the screen goes black & then I'm looking at my desktop, basically it crashes. I hope someone can help me with this as I'm very frustrated with this.

hateborne

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
A more detailed explanation of the error message (or the message itself) would be helpful. A 'cleaned' crash report would be VERY helpful. Those generally have useful info in them.

Also, if you need help, be specific. Posting the equivalent of "it doesn't work help plz" isn't going anywhere for either side.

-Hate

Morrowind is a great game. However, it would be even better if it was less buggy. I recall having some loading issue back in the day when I was playing it. I made multiple saves when I think I have played long enough w/o saving or do something that feel was significant enough to save the game. I would archive all my saved games by compressing them using WinRar, 7-Zip or whatever file compression program you like using.

Sometimes to get around the issue you are having is to load up and play an older save. This same thing happens in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Not sure about Skyrim since I have not played it yet.

If you are playing with mods that affects gameplay, then try disabling mods one at a time and load the game. If it loads successfully then save as a new saved game file. Then exist out of the game and disable another mod, load and save again. Do this until all mods have been disabled and save your game as a "Clean Copy" that way you know it only relies on the base game.

If you have any weapons, armor or anything that is unique to any of the mods you are using, then put them in a crate or other container before disabling the mod. Otherwise, that item will disappear from your personal inventory (which is natural), but whatever the weight of that / those items are will still be counted in the current total weight of all the items you are carrying. Even if you drop everything, you will still be "carrying" those items that no longer exist.