Enermax or Thermaltake PSU ???

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
Ohk, I'm about to order my PSU (in a couple of minutes) so hopefully I can get enough quick responses here:
- Enermax EG365P-VE FM (<A HREF="http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-01.htm" target="_new">http://www.enermax.com.tw/product-01.htm</A>)

-or-

- Thermaltake W0007R (<A HREF="http://www.thermaltake.com/products/purepower/w0007r.htm" target="_new">http://www.thermaltake.com/products/purepower/w0007r.htm</A>)

?? suggestions, comments, anything will be appreciated :)

Have you ever stuck your finger in a Vantec Tornado? That's 5700rpm right there - ouch. Today's public service announcement: don't play with plugged-in fans - especially Tornados..heh.

voidedwarrenty

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
I have the enermax 430watt whisper PSU, I like it. It's pretty blue, it has a bottom 92mm intake fan (which is clear) and a rear 80mm exhaust, the rear fan has a 3-pin connector which plugs into the mobo and there is a rheostat on the back of the psu which adjusts the fan speed.
The cables are very long (long enough for a full tower case), the mobo power is in a black loom, it is a very nice package. I haven't had any problems with it.
I reccommend Enermax

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
cool, thats what i ended-up ordering.. thanks

Have you ever stuck your finger in a Vantec Tornado? That's 5700rpm right there - ouch. Today's public service announcement: don't play with plugged-in fans - especially Tornados..heh.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL ya goon!
Fingers out of fans!

And ive also got an enermax, none other than the flagship 550W monster. Temp dependent fans.
Never had any problems with it, and runs as quiet as a whisper, even though its not a whisper model.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
cool, thanx for the info

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
hmmmm, hopefully it'll be good... thing is, i was thinking about cuttin the fan wires and hookin it into my fan-controller... hmmmmmmmmm, i'll see once its pluged in

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
It should be fine... PSU fans dont spin fast enough to create any seirous noise.
The max speed mine go at is only 2500rpm. Barely audible. The whisper Enermaxes are much the same if not better.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
heh. So long as the wire doesnt sit on anything hot or get stuck in the fans it should be ok.
Dont you like knowing your fan speed? i do!

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
actually i just fixed-up a system that had the atx cable lying on the heatsink, which was too cheap for the CPU (a thoroughbred 1.4GHz) and the nylon sleeve melted and f*cked his video card (a Jaton Ti4200)

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
yeah..