Using multiple case fans

moogleman

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
Here's the problem. I have 7 case fans, and my HSF, but there's not enough sockets for them to plug into! Does anyone know of a cheap solution that will allow me to power all of the fans?

voidedwarrenty

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Do the fans have 3pin or 4pin connectors? If 3-pin get a 3-4pin adapter, if 4 pin get a y splitter.
I use a 6-fan baybus which I have all my case fans hooked up to..
I've got 10 fans..

moogleman

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
They all have 3 pin connectors. Which fan bus do you have? I'm hoping to get one with no fan controllers, as I always want to run my fans at full speed.

EDIT: I found the necessary adapter cables and Y-splitters, now all I need is a decent bus.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by moogleman on 01/13/03 04:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well if thats the case you dont need an expensive fanbus, just a number of cheap 3 to 4 pin connectors and some 4 pin splitter cables...so you can plug your fans directly into the powersupply.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

voidedwarrenty

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
http://www.modthebox.com/review91_1.html
thats the baybus I have, chose the baybus or the Y-adapter, no reason to have both. If you want to run your fans at ALL times then go w/ the Y adapters. I like the baybus, it's dual voltage, high is 12v and low is adjustable via a potentiometer, I have the low set to 7v. It's got connectors on the back, you stick the wire in and tighten a screw which clamps the wire in. When you put the fan on low the LED shines blue, when on high it shines red.
If you have a case w/ a rounded front bezel it probably won't work, my case resembles the LianLi Aluminum cases, and the baybus works great!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by voidedwarrenty on 01/14/03 10:52 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TRENDING THREADS