Xbox 360 VGA hookup problems

So I'm fairly new to hardware, and I've been searching this site for an answer to my specific question, but nothing is really working for me. Here's my question:

I want to hook my Xbox 360 up to my monitor, but my monitor has only a VGA port, and no built in speakers. I own a set of turtle beach ear force X12's that I plan to use for audio. Is there a special cable I could buy that I could run hdmi into one end, and get a separated VGA and audio output out the other? Or is there a better way to do it?
2 answers Last reply
More about xbox hookup problems
  1. You can in fact buy a lead that fits into the large D type slot where the video is out put from the end of the xbox to a 15pin D sub to the monitor. The cable also is wired for audio out put stereo left and right. The only problem is they are phono type connectors.
    I hook the audio up to my Hi-fi for the sound. Here is a pic of the cable.
    The only draw back is no HD. unless you have a Hdmi monitor port. Here is a pic of the cable.
    http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=xbox+to+15+pin+d'sub&hl=en&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bpcl=35466521&biw=1680&bih=987&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=2451990051623384793&sa=X&ei=lhONUMunEOqQ0QWajYG4BQ&ved=0CFkQ8gIwAQ
  2. i bought a cable on amazon for like $6 that had the Vga connection from the component cable and it has the R and L audio connected also.

my monitor has the HDMI connection so i use the Hdmi for video and the Xbox component to video cable for audio but even when i used the Vga the video was not too bad but you can definitely tell the difference in the video quality but in a pinch it works
Ask a new question

Read More

Console Gaming Xbox 360 VGA Video Games