benchmark and stress-test software

mflore

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2002
i am going to OC my PC but i want to make sure the settings i try will work. i would like to know of some benchmark and stress-test software that will aid me in my endeavor.

ad_rach

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2002
3dmark isn't always a good indication of stability.i have had one of my unstable overclocks pass a good hour solid 3dmark on a loop but then crash randomly at other times.

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd. :]

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
If its an AMD CPU then the best stress tester is TOAST, produces the maximum amount of heat so you can see if your cooling is adequate.

Also excellent is Prim95 and its built in torture test, good for uncovering calculation glitches.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

Take_Out

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Try out SiSoft Sandra at www.demon.co.uk/sandra/. It is a very popular reporting and benchmarking utility that will tell you stuff you didn't know about your own computer. I just used its "burn-in wizard" to check out my Athlon I nudged up a bit, you know, a "little touch-up". he he he.
Good Luck,
Take-Out

"We killed OUR Hitler" - attributed to Paul McCartney (If so, then well done, sir)