OC Problem with XP 2400+, A7N8X Deluxe

Frozen_Fallout

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2003
Ok I have been trying to OC my 2400+ XP that I got form newegg just a few days ago. The board I am using is the A7N8X Deluxe also brand new from newegg. But when ever I mess around with the settings and the start up it boots and tells me that the cpu is above set pramitors. Have no clue why, everything I have read says that I should be able to overclock witht he 2400+ in the A7N8X Deluxe but that messige keeps poping up no matter what I do. I am still going to try a few more things to night but it looks to me that I am stuck. If any of you guys could help me out here it would be very help full.

Thanks in advanced for anything you have to say.

Remember what your fighting for, Remember why you even started fighting, and Remember who you are

svol

Champion
Disable Watchdog for the CPU speed or similair speed control option inside the BIOS.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

StarkMjolk

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
I guess you get the report CPU has overspeed or something like that? In the first bios window, just set halt on to no errors. Then you will be able to change the settings.

Happy OC'ing :)

roncarney

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
Yeah change the HALT ON: setting to [NO ERRORS] that took care of it for me.
The problem I have is when I change my FSB, and F10 to 'save and exit' I get
"System was not shut down properly, press Del to enter bios" and it wont let me boot up wtih the altered FSB :'-(

Ralph Wiggum: I bent my wookie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Asus A7N8X Deluxe
AXP 2800+
Corsair XMS LL C2 2x512MB RAM
1xWD400JB 40GB HD
2xWD1200JB 120GB HD
52/24/52 Liteon CD-RW