What are the Numbers on Stock AMD?

BuffaloDave

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2003
So the review of 34 Athlon Coolers http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030113/index.html
does not seem to compare the stock cooler with the Pentium. Anyone care to compare? My experience with the new pentium coolers - is that they are as good and quiet as most. With thermal paste of course.

Also it should be noted that the AMD warranty is only valid with the stock cooler. Says so right on the doc.

svol

Champion
Who cares for the stock P4 cooler... the required sizes of the stock AMD and P4 coolers are very different. And how do you want to test them equally?

And Yes P4 coolers is more cool and quiet... that is because they are much larger then the retail AMD ones.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
oh no... not the AMD vs INTEL thing again!!!

U really wanna compare apples to pears dont you???

They are different chips.
They have different max thermal outputs.
They have different die sizes & the p4 has a heatspreader.
They use vastly different sized stock coolers.

Pentium 4 stock coolers are good. As are AMD stock coolers, provided you dont want to do anything fancy.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by LHGPooBaa on 01/18/03 07:05 AM.</EM></FONT></P>