Sign in with
Your question

Decoding memory chips on a Radeon 8500LE

Last response: in Overclocking
January 17, 2003 2:10:27 AM

Got the following chips :

Hynix 13YA
HY5DV641622A1-36

Going by the <A HREF="http://www.hynix.com/products/dram/down/DDRSDRAM_COM_NE..." target="_new">decoder</A> on the website, I found that this is 275mhz ddr, running at 2.5 volts. How well wil this memory OC? Im going to apply cooling soon as my case mod is done and my watercooling setup is installed. I was going to be brave and attempt the volt mod, but should I expect much?

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
January 17, 2003 3:41:17 AM

It's 3.6ns, which allows a max (tested) speed of 275MHz. You might get a little higher, but the manufacturer only verified it to 275MHz.

You don't need a decoder, all you need to do is divide.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 17, 2003 6:37:42 AM

oooo I want pics of the case mod, here is the link to mine, though I took the pics from a web cam :(  and I didnt get a good shot of the whole case, it isnt all done yet. I still need to paint it and fix that blowhole, it is so loud and uneven. I just made it to be temporary I will cut out a solid hole for a 120mm fan with clear blades to fit in. I was thinking purple with silver accents for the case what do you think? Definatly as glossy as possible. I may re-do the window too I want a more unique shape to it.

pics:
<A HREF="http://wave.prohosting.com/~domas/Case.zip" target="_new">http://wave.prohosting.com/~domas/case.zip&lt;/A>

:evil:  The Smurf is king :evil: 

Wow! If he's here who's running hell?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by PapaSmurf on 01/17/03 06:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
January 17, 2003 10:59:53 AM

Divide? How so? (not the most mathmaticly inclined guy :)  )

Hmm.. the stock on this is 230, so I have some headroom. Cool. Thanks again Crash, you are definatly a smart man!

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>
January 17, 2003 11:03:25 AM

Links not working.... pm me and Ill give you my email.

Yep, my boss is even helping me with some custom vinyl graphics.. Just think 1968 Superbee...

Its mostly just a paintjob and whatnot planned, but I am adding things to make life easier like front ports.

January 17, 2003 11:37:28 AM

If you divide 1 with 3.6ns you will get the speed in Hz.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek: 
a b U Graphics card
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
January 17, 2003 5:18:46 PM

Like SVOL said. Since you're dealing with MEGA hurtz and NANO seconds, you just divide 1 by 3.6 and move the decimal point over to the right 3 places.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 17, 2003 9:30:54 PM

sorry 'bout that it was case sensitive try the link again and it should work

:evil: 

Wow! If he's here who's running hell?
January 17, 2003 9:46:38 PM

Cool, liking the window, nice and clutter free

January 18, 2003 9:12:08 AM

Looks cool PapaSmurf... now only some CDROM drive painting.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek: 
January 18, 2003 8:14:43 PM

yeah the whole thing needs painting and this weekend I will replace all my cdrom,case, and monitor leds with blue ones, gotta match my cathode...I want a purple cathode. wouldnt that be cool looking? I can't find any tho

:evil:  Wow, if he's here who's running hell? :evil: 
January 20, 2003 8:59:28 PM

<A HREF="http://www.coolerguys.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=..." target="_new">Coolerguys.com</A> has ultra-violet (blacklight) ones.. close, but no cigar I know. I have seen light strips at walmart in that color, made for cars, but you could just mod the things to work in your case.

!