Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Medal of Honor: Warfighter VERY LOW FPS

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 28, 2012 10:54:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I just finished installing Medal of Honor: Warfighter, started up the singleplayer
and what i got was shocking, it ran at 5 FPS in game on Automatic graphics preset,
which is almost everything on ultra for me. This becomes 4 FPS on Ultra and 8 FPS on Low.

I just dont understand why this is happening, I run Battlefield 3 on ultra at the same resolution (1920x1080)
with a good 55 - 110 FPS online. My graphics cards are 2 GTX 580s (in SLI), 9GB of RAM, and an i7 960 @ 3,8 GHz.

Now I couldn't find anything useful on google so i decided to post this here.
Best thing I found was some guy saying he has low fps in this game and he calls 50 - 70 FPS low...

If anybody found a fix or reason for this or has the same problem please let me know.

Help very much appreciated,
Thanks, -Veil.
October 29, 2012 11:08:51 PM

Sadly, this isn't going to be easy. You are running nVidia cards, so the first thing I would run to are Multisampling or FXAA. I had MASSIVE issues with FXAA in Skyrim and currently still having crazy issues with Supersampling in Guild Wars 2 (it drops my FPS by 60-70%).

Take one setting at a time, turn it up to high, get in game, see what happens. Eventually you will hit a setting, or a combination of settings, that cause it to go to hell. When you find a setting that is acting curious, be sure to use whatever forums or support system that the developer offers to report it (so it may be patched up).

Should you attempt this route and nothing works, it may be time to update your video drivers (with the clean install option).

-Hate
October 30, 2012 10:33:26 AM

hateborne said:
Sadly, this isn't going to be easy. You are running nVidia cards, so the first thing I would run to are Multisampling or FXAA. I had MASSIVE issues with FXAA in Skyrim and currently still having crazy issues with Supersampling in Guild Wars 2 (it drops my FPS by 60-70%).

Take one setting at a time, turn it up to high, get in game, see what happens. Eventually you will hit a setting, or a combination of settings, that cause it to go to hell. When you find a setting that is acting curious, be sure to use whatever forums or support system that the developer offers to report it (so it may be patched up).

Should you attempt this route and nothing works, it may be time to update your video drivers (with the clean install option).

-Hate


Hey and thanks for the reply but I honestly don't know what was wrong but it somehow fixed itself,
as I said it was running at 4 - 8 FPS but after restarting the game a few times it has seemed too fix itself.
I then was running the game at about 40 - 60 FPS (Ultra) and after that a 80 - 110 (Ultra) which it still is now.

I have no clue why it did that but I do know that @ the 4 - 8 FPS stage only 1 of my GPUs was being used and that at a full 100% constantly. And at the 40 - 60 FPS stage it was also only using 1 GPU but at a normal 95 - 100% rate.
And after that final restart it started using both GPUs like it should.

Very weird, never had something like this before, not even on Battlefield 3, which uses the same engine.

If anybody else might have the same problems I suggest to just restart the game a few times like I did and hopefully it will sort itself out. I guess I could have waited and tried to solve it myself a bit longer instead of rushing to the internet.

Anyway, thanks for the help! :) 
-Veil
Related resources
November 6, 2012 8:47:43 PM

VeilStar said:
Hey and thanks for the reply but I honestly don't know what was wrong but it somehow fixed itself,
as I said it was running at 4 - 8 FPS but after restarting the game a few times it has seemed too fix itself.
I then was running the game at about 40 - 60 FPS (Ultra) and after that a 80 - 110 (Ultra) which it still is now.

I have no clue why it did that but I do know that @ the 4 - 8 FPS stage only 1 of my GPUs was being used and that at a full 100% constantly. And at the 40 - 60 FPS stage it was also only using 1 GPU but at a normal 95 - 100% rate.
And after that final restart it started using both GPUs like it should.

Very weird, never had something like this before, not even on Battlefield 3, which uses the same engine.

If anybody else might have the same problems I suggest to just restart the game a few times like I did and hopefully it will sort itself out. I guess I could have waited and tried to solve it myself a bit longer instead of rushing to the internet.

Anyway, thanks for the help! :) 
-Veil


On the current nVidia drivers (well...for the last calendar year), I have had a random moment when my system becomes unplayable. It happens in Skyrim, Deus Ex 3, RIFT, Guild Wars 2, etc etc. It is a MARKED reduction in FPS (usually 1/4 of the normal FPS). The only resolution is to restart game (and generally computer too). I have reinstalled my system twice since I moved to the 560 Ti (for other reasons) and it still occurs.

Go nVidia I suppose :-P

-Hate
November 6, 2012 11:18:18 PM

hateborne said:
On the current nVidia drivers (well...for the last calendar year), I have had a random moment when my system becomes unplayable. It happens in Skyrim, Deus Ex 3, RIFT, Guild Wars 2, etc etc. It is a MARKED reduction in FPS (usually 1/4 of the normal FPS). The only resolution is to restart game (and generally computer too). I have reinstalled my system twice since I moved to the 560 Ti (for other reasons) and it still occurs.

Go nVidia I suppose :-P

-Hate


Well I'm not sure about this at all and I can't be without any logs and other info but it might be the power supply that is somehow failing. It's very rare to happen but I once had a PSU in an old rig back in the day that was causing games to almost completely freeze up ( 0 -1 fps). I dont know exacly how but the PSU seemed to fail to deliver enough power to the graphics card for some reason as if the graphics card was faulty and caused it to drop down the performance a real incredible amount.
After doing some hardware check ups and having the pc rebuild it wouldnt boot at all, the power supply completely died and after buying a new one everything worked perfectly. It kinda reminds me of that since there seems to be no obvious cause for those framedrops to happen.
November 7, 2012 2:16:15 PM

Hi....Do ensure that ur Nvidia drivers is not updated to Beta ver...

Next do check ur Nvidia PSU total power needed and tell me.....

Do include ur full specs plz
November 7, 2012 6:13:56 PM

freezes after Hot pursuit (FLT)
any help here ???
January 5, 2013 5:43:30 PM

i have the same issue but not as bad. My specs: Intel core i5 3.8 ghz (Asetek Liquid Cooling)
Nvidia GeForce gtx 660 ti 2 gb
8 gb of g.skil ripjaw x ram

I can run gta 4 with maxed out setting at 45 fps
but this game whether im on ultra or low i get 60-70 fps but will go down to 10-15 about every 10 seconds. Sometimes it will lag for a good minute. Ill try restarting the game considering it helped you, hopefully it will help me
January 10, 2014 7:33:49 AM

Has anybody tried Hialgoswitch for increase fps of Medal of Honor?
!