Best looking games?

victor286

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I have read over and over about the same titles BF3, Crysis 2, Skyrim, Metro 2033, Witcher 2, Shogun 2, GTA 4 w/mod, as being some of the best looking games on the PC currently.

I will be playing on a 1080P monitor so what games will "WOW" me at that resolution. I am coming from the Xbox360 and this is my first time gaming on the PC. I have previously owned everything listed above for the consoles except Metro 2033 and Shogun 2. I have read reviews on both games and they seem to have recieved very mediocre scores.

So I guess what is a good game that looks great. I will be maxing out all settings and playing them no problem even with mods so whats everyones recommendations. I was thinking of getting ARMA 2 because apparently its fun with that DayZ mod but I doubt that the game will be impressive compared to console graphics.

Case: NZXT Phantom 410
CPU: i5 3570k
GPU: EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked Signature Edition
MoBo: ASRock Extreme4 Z77
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LowProfile 8GB 1600
SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot Drive/Gaming)
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM 64MB
Optical: ASUS DRW 24x DVD Burner
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 850W 80 Plus Gold Full Modular
Monitor: ASUS 23.6" Full HD w/Speakers

Crysis 2 with Dx11 patch, highres and MaLDoHD 4.0 mod is probably the best looking, but you may be better off going for the more average PC games, so you continue to be impressed as you get newer better looking games. If you start at the top, you have no where to go but down.

Original Crysis is also very inspiring, with the detailed jungle scene. The Witcher 2 is also quite good. Metro 2033 has great lighting. If you like a good RPG, Dragon Age: Origins is still quite good graphically, though not in the same league as the ones I listed above.