Sign in with
Your question

Gaming online help

Last response: in Video Games
October 29, 2012 10:22:01 PM

For about a week and a half I have not been able to access Steam (online) or League of Legends. I don't use any other games or gaming applications that need to access the internet but I imagine that they would do the same. When I attempt to access steam I am shown a window of it trying to update. after a few seconds of the loading bar not moving I am given this message http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/uploads/monthly_... On League of Legends I was able to update for whatever reason but after I log in it attempts to connect to server then I receive this message http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/uploads/monthly_... I have checked each respective website of each program for solutions to the problem and I have checked other websites for solutions. My firewall is off, I have re installed both programs, I have restarted my computer, I have tried launching them with admin privileges, updated graphic drivers, copied all the files from another computer (where they worked) onto my current computer. I have tried many other things that I cannot remember and so far I have yeilded no positive results.

More about : gaming online

a b 4 Gaming
October 29, 2012 10:28:09 PM

I had the same issue a few days ago. I ended up reinstalling Steam, unfortunately, without them warning me, the uninstalled their games too, but it did fix my issue. Perhaps you can try the repair option from the control panel/uninstall programs. If that doesn't work, be sure to make a copy of the steamapps folder in the Steam folder. That way you avoid having to download anything.
m
l
October 30, 2012 3:25:25 AM

i have already tried the repair option. i have all my appdata because I knew it had all my games and i did not want to install another 100+ gigs
m
l
Related resources
October 30, 2012 4:48:29 AM

you could always backup all your games and then try a reinstall, i know that is time consuming as well, but at least it would be faster than downloading all those games again.
m
l
October 30, 2012 5:04:32 AM

I have already attempted a full re install with my app data on my external. still no luck, i don't think its related to the program because im getting the same effect for both league of legends and for steam, the only difference between them at this point is that league of legends can still update but steam cannot. even though league of legends was ale to update from the servers for some reason it cannot connect to them after i try to log in. i have also run virus scans with AntiVir and Malwarebytes on both the programs on my C drive. 0 detections found
m
l
October 30, 2012 5:24:27 AM

you can always try placing your PC in DMZ on your router if you have one, could be a port issue
m
l
October 30, 2012 3:08:21 PM

i currently don't have access to a router I am online through the school network in my dorm, I have been able to access the programs before and my roommates can access them right now through the same connection
m
l
November 4, 2012 9:21:25 AM

have you disabled all anti virus programs and firewalls? try that?
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2012 11:05:58 AM

yep most likely a firewall issue... check to see the firewall isnt blocking inbound and outbound udp and dhcp.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2012 3:14:22 PM

before this problem started, have you installed any security or network software?
have you been given any sanctions by your school regarding network conduct?

If the answer to both questions is no, contact your university IT office and/or helpdesk and ask them for assistance.
m
l
November 6, 2012 5:14:11 AM

Try flushing your DNS
go to Start- run > type "cmd" > type in the Dos Box "ipconfig/flushdns" and hit enter, then restart pc

Try it and see

without the quotes ^
m
l
!