World of Warcraft Begineerer

Kwippy

Honorable
Oct 28, 2012
I've lately been intrested into playing World of Warcraft. But i've come to a problem and it is that i'm confused haha i dont get what i have to buy. Do i buy like mists od pandora and then each month the $15 dollors?

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
If you haven't played before you need to purchase all previous expansions and the original game, too.

Blizzard is offering a "Battle Chest" containing the original game and the first two expansions for a few bucks. Add the Cataclysm expansion and Mists of Pandaria to it and the monthly fee.

Maybe the "recruit a friend feature" might award you with a free upgrade to Cataclysm and/or even spare you from buying the battle chest. But for this, you need someone inviting you through "recruit a friend". I just know that a scroll of resurrection (which is for previous player that come back to the game), gives a free upgrade to Cataclysm.

The last part is speculation on my end, you have to do some research on blizzards site about this, just look for "recruit a friend". Even if you don't know someone, people playing the game get some in-game benefits from inviting other players. Shouldn't be hard to find someone inviting you.

sscultima

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
what i would do is just first purchase the battlechest then play up until you really require the later expansions, no sense in wasting the cash now if you end up losing interest in the game before the later end game material