Utilities for Sis530 overclocking

basmic

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2001
Ok, before I even start describing my problem: I don't want suggestions to upgrade, etc - I'm working with a budget!

I have a machine in my hands, which has been stripped-down, repaired and reinstated. Sadly, because of the customer's son, multiple parts have been ordered to replace some damaged parts. However, I have been given permission to speed it up a little.

The machine is an AMD K6-2/450, with onboard Sis530 graphics and onboard ESS sound.

What I am looking for is a utility which will allow me to increase the memory and/or clock speed of the graphics. The FSB is maxed out at default 100 FSB (4.5 x 100, 2.2v) - which is the highest this board will go!

Although irrelevant to this forum, but any ideas to overclock the AMD will be appreciated. Have tried 5.0 x 100 @ 2.2v as well as incresing the voltage to 2.3 - no success!

Thanks a lot in advance folks.

====
Basmic

error_911

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2002
is it cooled properly, because K6 processors are finiky at higher speeds/temps

Woohoo! Broke the 30-celcius barrier with through the loud and innefficient world of air-cooling! Also, never - NEVER - play with gum in one hand and hair in the other... just trust me.

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Sounds just like my Aptiva I had a long time ago... never found a way to get it any higher. What motheroard is it? Easier to get ideas fo OC'ing with more info.

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>

basmic

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2001
As it happens, this computer is an <A HREF="http://www.pc.ibm.com/support?page=2170-26g&lang=en_US" target="_new">IBM Aptive 2170-26G</A>.

I believe the motherboard is an Acer, but I definetly know it's a V75M model.

I managed to pump the baby from 450MHz to 500MHz, however using 2.8v. I'm too wuss to push it 3.3v to get 550MHz, LOL :redface: . Albeit, runs rather happily using the bog standard HSF - if I tried to get a better HSF, I wouldn't be able to mount the drives in that wonderful-yet-annoying caddy which houses the FDD and HD.

What I really want is to get the onboard graphics up a few notches.

I must admit, I am VERY dissapointed to see that IBM put a Seagate in their machine....amongst other cheapest-of-cheap cr@p. Oh well....!

Anyhow, if nothing else, this bumps the thread up. Hope somebody out there can help me!

====
Basmic

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
Yep, its n acer.. same board that I had, just different options (I had a 10gb hard drive)

<font color=green>::: Sir, I'd like to return this cpu, it is dead.</font color=green> <font color=blue>::: Its not dead, its resting...</font color=blue>

prfstrkr

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2001
I would say Nope, cuz SiS is just a piece of Cr@p....
I had the exactly same setup and it's now solely serving my dad's card games

AMD :: A Merit of Device
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=17357" target="_new">Rig</A>