Sign in with
Your question

loud = cool ?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 23, 2003 12:08:44 PM

Still getting up to 56 degrees C on my XP2000 with a 80mm HSF (can mind the brand )wiv deltatype fan & 2 casefans (Therm A1214's), damn it is noisy as hell after a while, Anybody know quieter HSF that would give me same/better cooling for under £20UK

Or should I go & save near £400 for the new Vapochill II ???
(3 minute powerup, perfect for timing boiling an egg & -20 degrees C, perfect for keeping cool in the summer)

is it summer already ??? oh, its just the heat haze coming off my PC...

More about : loud cool

January 24, 2003 11:19:46 AM

cant remember, Ive lost the box, 80mm fan, HS is aluminium with a copper core & is hollow in the middle (ie no fins in the middle)

Ah, found it... its a Arkua 6228...

is it summer already ??? oh, its just the heat haze coming off my PC...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by marneus on 01/24/03 05:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
Related resources
January 24, 2003 3:08:25 PM

I have an xp2000 as well. I have an ax-7 heatsink and a vantec tornado fan at about 6000 rpm. It is very loud, but it is connected to a rheostat to control the noise. At a full load, temps rairly go above 40c, and idea is anywhere between 28-36c, depending on ambient. These temps may sound to good to be true, but I also have a digital doc connected to the system, and all temps are accurate. By the way, this setup costs about 35 bucks.

AOL dialup is a nightmare... and I'm living it
January 24, 2003 3:23:42 PM

I think I will give the new volcano 11 a try b4 I take more drastic steps with cooling solutions (that is to say when I find a place that is stocking it...)

is it summer already ??? oh, its just the heat haze coming off my PC...
April 11, 2003 12:49:16 PM

Aye, I was trying to remember when I posted this one... me and my tt volcano 11 have been happy together for over a month now, cool & quiet... thinking of double-timing though with a Zalman HP80a... I just cant get enough technology... ;-)

Hmmm, wonder if I can get a valid page fault ???
these invalid ones are far too commonplace...
April 14, 2003 9:43:20 AM

56 degrees C sounds way too high for that setup. I take it you're in the UK right?
not being funny, but are you sure you mounted it all right?
even the stock coolers that come with the retail box should do better than that.
are you overclocking? what voltage are you running your cpu at?

<font color=red> -- </font color=red><font color=blue>A bush in the hand is worth two birds at the bar</font color=blue>
April 16, 2003 12:28:11 PM

this post is way old, My Volcano 11 gives me 45-50 degrees C under load @ full fanspeed

The only prob with my old setup may have been a bit too much AS2, & ran it at default settings...

My system is too hot at the mo, have 3 case fans & the side off it to keep playing games, next step is to fit a 40mm fan to my northbridge & fit a Zalman to my R9700pro

Hmmm, wonder if I can get a valid page fault ???
these invalid ones are far too commonplace...
!