Dealing with Origin and EA

robertbhart

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2012
I wanted to share my 2 hour session with Origin regarding it not working ever. If you wanted to describe the problem with PC gaming, this gives a good start.... This is a cut and paste from my session. I hate these people...:

Govind S.:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Govind S. how may I help you?

you:
Nothing in the service works properly. I'm trying to play Crysis 2 and it won't load. Nothing happens when I click on it. Here is a response I sent in response to your automated email when I asked for help earlier this eve: I'm still not able to play games through this service properly. I was able to get into resident evil for a bit and now I can't get into that or Crysis 2 which is the other game I purchased through this service. I think it's an insult that you send this email, not even titled origin support, yet again directing me to your stupid "help" forums. Why should I have to spend time reading through that awful content because you can't get your product right. All I want at this point is a refund. Dealing with problems with your service is just too time consuming and the "help" just gives me rage. What kind of company directs a customer to a list of complaints from other customers as a solution to their product not working. "I answered that question for some other guy once so I can't be bothered dealing with you. It's in that pile over there somewhere, maybe,. go find it". Really..... Really..... Help or money back. No more automated replies in 10 languages you lazy ......'s. Please do not direct me to the "help" forums. You don't have the right not to give a refund if your product doesn't work. "sole discretion" doesn't exist in the law.

Govind S.:
It seems that you are away from the Keyboard, please let me know if we are still connected.

you:
I am

you:
did you not receive my message?

you:
Hello?

you:
HELLO?

Govind S.:
Hi.

you:
Did you get my messages?

Govind S.:
Yeah I got it,

you:
So Can you help make my Crysis 2 work or get me a refund?

Govind S.:
Have you been getting any issue while trying to play this game?

you:
Yes. When I click on it, it says Origin is loading it but then it doesn't load, I have tried rebooting and reinstalling multiple times.

Govind S.:
I apologize for the technical difficulties that you've been facing with the game. I'll do my best to figure out a solution for you.

Govind S.:
If you have performed any troubleshooting steps so far so please let me know it?

you:
Only what I just told you

Govind S.:
Okaym

Govind S.:
Can you please provide me your email address?
you:
I spend more time trying to fix this game than playing it

you:
roberthart555@gmail.com

Govind S.:
Thanks.
Govind S.:
I am going to provide you some troubleshooting steps which might help you to fix this issue,

Govind S.:
1.Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete
2.Opens the task manager
3.open the processes tab
4.Then find out the process called BF3 and process Origin
5.You should do that after launching the game
6.Right click on each one
7.Set Priority
8.Choose High

you:
There is no process with that name

Govind S.:
Okay,
you:
There is an origin process which I set to high

you:
I also uninstalled all anti virus software

you:
Other ideas?

you:
Hello?

you:
HELLO?

you:
Are you still there?

There may be a problem communicating with Govind S.. Please wait while your chat is transferred to another EA Expert.
1 hour....
You are now ready to chat with Gaurav.
Please wait while we set up your chat session with Eduardo.
You are now ready to chat with Gaurav.
Please wait while we set up your chat session with Anil.

is this a joke post. crysis 2 doesnt need origin. at least my disk version doesnt. it doesnt show up in my origin games either. bfbc2 does and it to is a disk version but again has no interaction with origin.
try running the game without origin. just go to the games folder and run the crysis2 exe.
if it doesnt work then go to the event viewer and see what errors are popping up.