Liranan requires your aid, once more.

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
My dearest friends!
I require your help, once more. I am intending to get rid of my Soltek and move on to something far more mature and, how shall I put it, BETTER. I want something that is all-round but is also very stable. I would also like my board to have its multiplier setting in-bios so that I don't have to mess around with jumpers, which are only restricting.
I am looking at Asus or Epox as they are the best. I would also like a board for which I can find bios upgrades which allow for more than the usuall settings (I hope my fellow priests of the Overclocking gods understand what I mean)...
I am not intending to overclock the FSB as I am not intending to buy any PC3200/3500 yet and PC2100 does me just fine (as I have that already) so could you please take that into account as well?

So let me summarise for you:

KT333/400 supporting PC2100
AGP 4x/8x
Stability.

I don't really care whether it's an old board or not, I just want to raise the multiplier really. SO as long as the multipleir can be raised above 15x I will be happy.

Also one last question: would it be possible to unlock an XP 1900 and raise the multiplier that far (15-20)?? Or am I being over ambitious? 15*133=1995 20*133=2660 Eh, this sounds like I need the 166 FSB processors...

Hey Svol, Sorry I haven't written you, I know you are busy man but we are.... well I'll tell you about it later, I'm still busy writing an e-mail I started a week ago to you.

Greetings to you all.

From the Seas we come to the Seas we return.

svol

Champion
Well I love my Epox 8K5A2+ board... it support VCores up to 2.25V and multipliers up to 16x IIRC.
The Epox 8K9Axx (where x are the remaining characters for the different models) supports even more voltages and probably also more multipliers but is more expensive.
The Epox 8RDA(+) based on the nForce2 is the absolute OC champion as fas as FSB goes... but it will also have plenty of multipliers (atleast 16x I think).

But a 15x multiplier on the XP1900+ giving you a speed of roughly 2 GHz will take some good cooling and luck.

I'm looking forward to hear more from you.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
I love my epox 8k3a+ so amazingly stable.
Im running a TbredA XP1700+ @ 1833Mhz @ 1.7v (11x167fsb) with corsair ram.

Regarding your CPU, it really depends on its core stepping and a fair dose of luck.

With a good quality cooler your unlocked XP1900+ may be able to get up to XP2200+ speeds or greater, provided its something like an 'AGOIA'.

P.S. PC2700 is something you should consider...
If you unlock your processor you can run at 166FSB, gaining a fair amount of performance without having to increase the cpu speed at all :smile:
Plus, the 8k3a+ and similar boards are 166fsb ready for the next generation of tbred and barton CPU's.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Suron Desires it and mortal men Covert it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by lhgpoobaa on 01/27/03 11:33 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Codinerx

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
I am not sure exactly of what you are looking for, but I've had a soyo k7v dragon plus, and it runs great. I especially like all the features they integrate into the board, such as the RAID and LAN and what not- although it seems a lot of the mobo manufacturers have been doing the same thing recently. Either way, I don't know a whole lot about the newer soyo boards, but in terms of quality and value for the money they are hard to beat. Good luck, I hope everything works out!

Liranan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2002
I have seen the 8K3A+ but I was lookign at the A7V333. It depends on how much money I can muster, because at this moment I just might as well be venturing into Mordor with a flag attached to my head... which is the same situation I have with PC2700. If I had the money to buy that I would be funding uncle Saddam... LOL.
So that is why I am stuck with my PC2100 made by TA... still don't know who that is.
Well what I was going to do was buy a good 166 processor by the time they come out and are affordable. Then I will see about revisions and steppings but at the moment I am tragically stuck with my 1900... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
If only I had asked before I had bought it, I wouldn't have all these problems!!!

Man I is dumb!!!

Anyway I will see... I am still waiting to get my money back from the shop I bought my Soltek from and they are not forthcoming all I get to hear fromt hem is: tomorrow. And that is what they have been telling me for the past two weeks so by the looks of things I am going to have to threaten with some court action... It may only have been £87 but that will still buy me a 8K3A+ or will go nicely towards any other new, better, board.

Thanks to all of you, hope to hear from you soon.

Bush+Blaire=Hitler with weapons of mass destruction