Firewall recomendation

I need recomendations for a fire wall for a small ASP site. I do not
need VPN access. All the customer access is via http but I need to be
able to open up pcAntwhere ports for management.

SMAC67 (smacaula@microsoft.com) wrote:
: I need recomendations for a fire wall for a small ASP site. I do not
: need VPN access. All the customer access is via http but I need to be
: able to open up pcAntwhere ports for management.

Uh...you do not want to do this globally. In this case, a VPN solution is probably
the best since you can open a VPN session and then initiate the PCanywhere once the
tunnel is running.

As I agree with the previous poster to only do any remote control
software over a vpn when coming in from the public, if it must be your
way, I would reccomend a Netscreen firewall. They are cost effective,
easy to configure through their web based gui. They do support VPN
when/if needed. For the pcanywhere you can create a MIP or VIP on it
(mapped IP) to redirect to only the host running the software. Do not
open it globaly external -> internal. Also, restrict the source
address that can enter in the firewall using it...and be sure to turn
logging on.