hot enough ??

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
is 56 degrees C on the hot side for a XP2000+ with an Arkua 6228 HSF ??

is it summer already ??? oh, its just the heat haze coming off my PC...

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
*shrugs* how long is a piece of string?

What case are you using?
How many fans does it have?
whats the case temp?
Whats the room temp?
What motherboard do you have, and is it reading from the undersocket sensor or ondie sensor?

All these things have a bearing.
With an early Tbird setup if the temp got above 50C it would lockup, due to varying factors.
Now im runnin a tbred that can get to an indicated 86C and still runs fine.
the REAL temp is somewhere inbetween.

Basically if it doesnt lockup its fine.

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

Lonemagi

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2002
poobaa, think this forum needs a Faq..

<font color=blue>...we are not responcible for any amount of idiocy you apply to our advice.<font color=blue>

marneus

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
*true*

SJust I talk 2 people who apparent have the same CPU but getting 10 degree C less than me, his opinion is too much AS paste on mine...

just that onboard unreliable heatsensor
case is just a bog-standard midi 300W with a goldpaint foot/base
under load the board is about 30-35 D.C.
got 2 Thermaltake 1247s with heatsensors

I want it cool enough that I can put the sides back on & not risk my R9700 melting... (well I is sourcing ramsinks for it at the mo which may help it a bit)

oh well, will check it all when I get that new Volcano 11 HSF, dont want a wrestling match wiv me PC just because its a bit on the warm side yet

Hmmm, wonder if I can get a valid page fault ???
these invalid ones are far too commonplace...

LtBlue14

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2002
your R9700 overheating has to do with case temps not cpu temps, your cpu is gonna put off the same amount of heat no matter what
get more case airflow if you're worried about ambient air inside your case being too hot

--------------

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">mubla otohp eht ni ecaf ruoy teg</A>