Will Square ever make console games again?

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Will Square ever make console games again? Or is it online from
here on out?

--
Lars Eighner eighner@io.com http://www.larseighner.com/
"We have no opinion on your Arab - Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

In our last episode,
<10gr91l5oeq5ouf8g6stqss3es7u1nijgj@4ax.com>,
the lovely and talented Rob Browning
broadcast on alt.games.final-fantasy:

> When did they stop?

If I'm correctly informed, they stopped with FFXI, which I am
told, is playable only online. I bought an SNES to play FF.
I bought an original Playstation to play FF. I bought a
Playstation 1 to play FF better. I bought a Playstation 2
to play FF. If there won't be anymore offline games from
Square, then at least, I've spent the last dime on consoles that
I will ever spend.

--
Lars Eighner eighner@io.com http://www.larseighner.com/
Dynamic linking error: Your mistake is now everywhere.

Lars Eighner wrote:
> In our last episode,
> <10gr91l5oeq5ouf8g6stqss3es7u1nijgj@4ax.com>,
> the lovely and talented Rob Browning
> broadcast on alt.games.final-fantasy:
>
> > When did they stop?
>
> If I'm correctly informed, they stopped with FFXI, which I am
> told, is playable only online. I bought an SNES to play FF.
> I bought an original Playstation to play FF. I bought a
> Playstation 1 to play FF better. I bought a Playstation 2
> to play FF. If there won't be anymore offline games from
> Square, then at least, I've spent the last dime on consoles that
> I will ever spend.
>

> --
> Lars Eighner eighner@io.com http://www.larseighner.com/
> Dynamic linking error: Your mistake is now everywhere.

FF-12 & KH-2 are due to be delivered for the PS2 console this year. How
you spend your dimes is, of course, your business.

"Lars Eighner" <eighner@io.com> wrote in message
> In our last episode,
> <10gr91l5oeq5ouf8g6stqss3es7u1nijgj@4ax.com>,
> the lovely and talented Rob Browning
> broadcast on alt.games.final-fantasy:
>
> > When did they stop?
>
> If I'm correctly informed, they stopped with FFXI, which I am
> told, is playable only online.

An online-only console game is still a console game.
To answer your question, AFAIK, the next FF game is
back to the standard offline format.

RelMark