Will Square ever make console games again?

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

Will Square ever make console games again? Or is it online from
here on out?

--
Lars Eighner eighner@io.com http://www.larseighner.com/
"We have no opinion on your Arab - Arab conflicts, such as your dispute with

    In our last episode,
    <10gr91l5oeq5ouf8g6stqss3es7u1nijgj@4ax.com>,
    the lovely and talented Rob Browning
    broadcast on alt.games.final-fantasy:

    > When did they stop?

    If I'm correctly informed, they stopped with FFXI, which I am
    told, is playable only online. I bought an SNES to play FF.
    I bought an original Playstation to play FF. I bought a
    Playstation 1 to play FF better. I bought a Playstation 2
    to play FF. If there won't be anymore offline games from
    Square, then at least, I've spent the last dime on consoles that
    I will ever spend.

    --
    Lars Eighner eighner@io.com http://www.larseighner.com/
    Dynamic linking error: Your mistake is now everywhere.

    Lars Eighner wrote:
    > In our last episode,
    > <10gr91l5oeq5ouf8g6stqss3es7u1nijgj@4ax.com>,
    > the lovely and talented Rob Browning
    > broadcast on alt.games.final-fantasy:
    >
    > > When did they stop?
    >
    > If I'm correctly informed, they stopped with FFXI, which I am
    > told, is playable only online. I bought an SNES to play FF.
    > I bought an original Playstation to play FF. I bought a
    > Playstation 1 to play FF better. I bought a Playstation 2
    > to play FF. If there won't be anymore offline games from
    > Square, then at least, I've spent the last dime on consoles that
    > I will ever spend.
    >

    > --
    > Lars Eighner eighner@io.com http://www.larseighner.com/
    > Dynamic linking error: Your mistake is now everywhere.

    FF-12 & KH-2 are due to be delivered for the PS2 console this year. How
    you spend your dimes is, of course, your business.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy (More info?)

    "Lars Eighner" <eighner@io.com> wrote in message
    > In our last episode,
    > <10gr91l5oeq5ouf8g6stqss3es7u1nijgj@4ax.com>,
    > the lovely and talented Rob Browning
    > broadcast on alt.games.final-fantasy:
    >
    > > When did they stop?
    >
    > If I'm correctly informed, they stopped with FFXI, which I am
    > told, is playable only online.

    An online-only console game is still a console game.
    To answer your question, AFAIK, the next FF game is
    back to the standard offline format.

    RelMark

Games Final Fantasy Consoles Video Games