w. Round Shielded cables and Cooler
SB Audigy Platinum
Creative Ovation dvd 16x
Plextor 48/24/48
IO MAgic TV/FM Tuner CArd
Aluminum Server case/full window/w. Blue Cathode
2 intake/4 outtake Cooling fans
Ernamax 420w switching power supply

My Question is Is how do I overclock in the bios on a asus board. What settings do I need to adjust and what are the best settings I can go with. I was hoping on getting it to 2800. I have never overclocked a Processor beforre.
I am also worried will overclocking mess with the settings on my other devices, as far as voltage is concerned. And is there a website that shows you exactly what to set in your bios to overclock on this type of asus Board.

Thanks any info Will be more then helpful.

More about : newbie overclocking

January 31, 2003 1:39:29 AM

hey,read a lot of posts in here saying that getting to 2.88 is easy with a 2.4b. Go into your bios and change the fsb setting to 160. This will give you 160x18 =2.88.
If this setting does not run stable or post, try again, but this time raise your v core up a notch or two. Always try to keep your vcore as low as possible however. It might take a few cracks until you find that "perfect" balance, but it will happen for you. Also, take note of your temps, as you don't want to run your system higher than 50-60c. Some say 70c. is ok , however. These of course, are the temps under load.
The rest of the system should be ok, as I've o/c ed my 2.4a up to 2.88 with no stress on any other devices or to the memory/video card. (If all else, just try increasing your fsb a little at a time ----and see how your sys responds.)

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toester on 01/31/03 09:44 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 5, 2003 4:15:49 PM

Ok, time out. What kind of cooler do you have on your cpu? I will bet a new cpu that you won't hit 2.8ghz with stock cooling.
Related resources
February 5, 2003 6:49:02 PM

you're on!!!!!! i have my 2.4a @ 2.8 with stock cooling!!
(with an old willy fan to boot!!!)
so i can't see why a 2.4b cannot do the same!!

( I'll give you my mailing address----so you can send me that cpu.........lol)

and besides, he has his sys. at 2.7 already,WITHOUT any heat increase!!, and that was a few days ago.

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by toester on 02/06/03 00:00 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
February 7, 2003 12:51:12 AM

<sigh> alright...I have a new 1.8 ghz p4 with 22 bent pins you can have. It'll make a nice keychain ornament ;) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 7, 2003 5:07:01 AM

22 bent pins? Is that all that's wrong with it? Send it to me, I need one!

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>
February 7, 2003 5:33:31 PM

i'll take it!!!

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!
February 7, 2003 5:40:11 PM

hey crash, i have a 1.6(willy) with a bunch of missing and bent pins;if you want it....lol

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!
!