Games are so slow

Mano aamer

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
Hi guys . I have got a a problem . My processor is amd athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4600+ 2.40 GHz .
and I have got HIS radeon HD 5770 GDDR5 and i have got 2 GB of ddr2 ram and i have got windows 8 professional built 9200 .
when i play games like Mafia 2 , Fifa 12 , Fifa 13 , call of duty black ops , NFS Shift , N.A Noire , NFS Hot pursuit , NFS The run and many other games on 800*600 and all the details are on low they work on 10-15 Frame and when i play them on 1920*1080 all maxed out the work on 10-15 frame as well .
and when i watch videos on youtube for gameplays for my Graphics card in the videos these games work on 30-45 frames with fraps .
i noted some thing :- i started the task manager and then i started one of these games and then i played for 5 minutes and then i saw the usage of my rams and the usage of my CPU . the usage of the ram were 85 % but the usage of the processor were 100 % so i think this error comes from my processor .

how can i fix this problem . and i tried to overclock my processor but i couldn't do that .

how can i overclock my CPU ?

please help me guys .

I AM SO SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH IT IS NOT MY MAIN LANGUAGE :D and I AM SORRY FOR THIS TALL TOPIC :D

Solution
^

It's fault of the CPU, not of the GPU.

@OP: It's time for CPU upgrade. You got a very old and weak processor which is unfit for today gaming. And to upgrade the CPU, you'd have to upgrade your motherboard and memory too. Depending on where you are from, it would cost you around $100-130 to do that.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Your getting a bottle neck. from the Graphics card, the data bus is only 128 bits wide.
It is a mid range card. Where as if you take a look at the data bus on a higher end graphics card the data bus will be higher to allow more data to pass along the graphics bus.
Eg 256 bits wide.
A 4600 x2 can only be overclocked by raising the memory FSB speed, as the Cpu its self is multiplier locked in the bios.
How far you can take the speed up of the Cpu frequency depends on how good your ram is, and its speed. and how far the north or south bridge chip of the board is willing to play ball. also if you overclock a cpu some times you need to bump the core voltage of the Cpu up in small power steps to get it stable again. I suspect the card is the problem though. More memory is always good too Btw.

^

It's fault of the CPU, not of the GPU.

@OP: It's time for CPU upgrade. You got a very old and weak processor which is unfit for today gaming. And to upgrade the CPU, you'd have to upgrade your motherboard and memory too. Depending on where you are from, it would cost you around $100-130 to do that.

Solution
Add an extra 2GB of ram and drop back to Windows 7 64-bit will get you extra FPS over Windows 8, as drivers are more mature and current nVidia drivers for W8 are known to perform worse than W7.
Don't max out the video settings, your card is struggling, if you must play at 1920x1080, go with medium, with no AA or play until you get acceptable FPS.
Overclocking the A64's may also help, but go to a dedicated overclocking website.

Mano aamer

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

I saw videos on youtube for people that have got the same card that i have and they have got more frames than me and i overclocked my graphics card and no thing happened . in my opinion it is a CPU problem

Latest posts