Looking to buy a light gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

codejunkie83

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm currently looking into buying a laptop for some moderate gaming. I mainly play WoW with my wife, but every now and again I like to play games such as Borderlands 2, Skyrim, Torchlight II, Diablo III. My main reason for getting a laptop is so that I am not chained to my desk (read: wife wants me in the same room as her:) ), as she has a laptop that she uses specifically for WoW.

I've built my own desktops for over 15 years, and currently have a high end system. In looking for a laptop, however, I am willing to make a few compromises so that I can get a decent gaming experience with some mobility. I've run across the following laptop, and have read a few reviews, but would like the community's opinion - would this be a worthwhile buy? For intensive sessions I'd probably still use my desktop, but this would be for everything else. Opinions?

Acer Aspire V3-771G-6650 Notebook Intel Core i5 2450M(2.50GHz) 17.3" 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M

Solution
There's a quote from NCIX that I absolutely love. "Buying a gaming laptop is easy. Figure out your budget and buy the one with the best CPU / GPU."

With that being said, that laptops not bad. Check out HP, Toshiba & Lenovo's websites, they allow you to customize and buy straight from them. Also search for coupon codes for them.

I don't know what your budget is, how mobile you want it & what screen size / resolution you prefer.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
There's a quote from NCIX that I absolutely love. "Buying a gaming laptop is easy. Figure out your budget and buy the one with the best CPU / GPU."

With that being said, that laptops not bad. Check out HP, Toshiba & Lenovo's websites, they allow you to customize and buy straight from them. Also search for coupon codes for them.

I don't know what your budget is, how mobile you want it & what screen size / resolution you prefer.

Solution

codejunkie83

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Thanks for the replies guys (sorry for delayed response, I thought I got emails when I received replies on here), I'll definitely take them into consideration. After much deliberation, I think that I am just going to save up and get a good gaming one. I think the quote from NCIX that you posted is a good thing for me to follow at this point :) Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts