Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
i bought this pc for my birthday last year
i5 2500k with coolermaster hyper 212+
gtx560ti hawk
4gb ram
thermaltake toughpower xt775w
msi p67 c43 b3
and its been maxing out games in 1080p with good fps even battlefield 3 and crysis 2 and in max payne 3 im getting 70+ fps but im worried how it will do with bioshock infinite and crysis 3 i know i can overclock but thats my last resort and i really wanted to know how it will fair with those games i saw a video of a guy playing crysis 3 alpha with gtx560ti twin frozr 2 and phenom II xt 1100T and he was getting 15 fps min 25avg and 32max and that worried me i think ill be able to max bioshock infinite and even metro 2033 last light if the optimisation is good but crysis 3 has worried me and i dont have the money to upgrade until 2014 when il be getting a new pc again so please post you opinions it would really help my paranoia

pauls3743

Distinguished
About the only thing that might, and I stress might, need upgraded is the graphics card. However, I would wait for the games and try them at lower resolutions and detail settings first.

blacknemesist

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2012
By alpha you mean an alpha build?If so don't worry,alpha builds are not optimized,even beta builds are less eficient than the official game.This mean for example that the GPU firmware is not optimized so the performance is bad and also it may not be using full CPU/GPU/Ram capabilities.
No doubt Toms will make a "requirement" list for those games when they think the beta is developed enough so it wont mislead people.
I would sit and wait until they are out or the official requirements are released.Nvidia will no doubt update their firmware to improve performance.
Just wait for now.

ikica1996

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

thanks for the reply how long do you think this pc will last in maxing games and how long in playing them mid to high after that since i want to save as much money as possible for my new build