Sign in with
Your question

Xbox 360 Controller not working?

Last response: in Video Games
November 3, 2012 11:49:53 PM

Hello, everyone

I recently tried to use my Xbox controller to play games, but with Windows 7 whenever I let Windows Update install the drivers, it registers as "Xbox 360 Wireless Controller via Play & Charge Kit" and doesn't let me use it at all. The guide button doesn't light up or anything. Even when I delete the driver and go and download Microsoft's drivers for the controller and go plug it in, it downloads the other drivers and, again, doesn't let me do anything. By the way, I'm using a wireless controller with the charge cord to plug in. Is my controller old or faulty, or is Windows Update just stupid?

Thanks
November 4, 2012 9:13:07 PM

That's what I did. I did that and tried to let Windows Update find the drivers, neither of which worked.
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2012 10:19:01 PM

When using the wireless controller you cannot use the charge cable to connect it to your pc. You either need to buy a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows or buy the wired controller. Sorry about that. You can however use a ps3 controller and emulate it as a 360 controller if you have one of those.
m
l
November 4, 2012 10:21:55 PM

Oh okay interesting. I might have to try and do that
m
l
!