Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best Video Game Controller and Why?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 4, 2012 8:23:28 AM

Which is the best game controller you have come by so far. Reason should be mentioned. :bounce: 

More about : video game controller

November 4, 2012 9:17:16 AM

For what genre?

For fighting games, the viewlix and naomi layouts in Hori and Madcatz sticks are the best. If you insist on using a pad, the Saturn dogbone is the best because of its 6 face buttons and quality D-pad.

For platforming the PS1's dpad is the best.

For games with analog input, the xbox 360 is arguably the best just due to general ergonomics.

And for all-time best innovative design and high retail quality, the Dreamcast controller for its VMU, extremely high grade triggers and comfortable layout in the era immediately preceding dual-analog input.

If you wanted to build the ultimate console controller, you would use the Xbox 360's layout with a Playstation 1 D-pad, triggers from the Dreamcast controller, and build the analog sticks in the same shape as the Xbox360 controller but use the PS3 controller's analog stick material. Then you would have Sega's old console department handle quality-control. And then dual mod it ;) 

And as a bonus, the two worst controllers in terms of ergonomics are the N64 and Atari Jaguar controllers.
November 4, 2012 9:55:58 AM

Keyboard + mouse :) .

Mouse because it is very precise pointing device. Keyboard because it has many keys - you can bind all game controls to different keys.
Related resources
November 4, 2012 10:06:36 AM

Sunius said:
Keyboard + mouse :) .

Mouse because it is very precise pointing device. Keyboard because it has many keys - you can bind all game controls to different keys.


And if mouse and keyboard can be entered into this discussion, then I would say Mouse and Keyboard for anything in first person as well :D 
November 4, 2012 1:26:16 PM

Hi :) 

Homework again...sigh...

Mouse number 42

All the best Brett :) 
November 4, 2012 2:27:28 PM

casualcolors said:



If you wanted to build the ultimate console controller, you would use the Xbox 360's layout with a Playstation 1 D-pad, triggers from the Dreamcast controller, and build the analog sticks in the same shape as the Xbox360 controller but use the PS3 controller's analog stick material. Then you would have Sega's old console department handle quality-control. And then dual mod it ;) 



That is one serious, bad-ass, ass-whooping controller!!! :ouch:  :D 
Nice. Totally agree on the analog sticks part.
November 4, 2012 2:31:46 PM

Keyboard + Mouse .... its still rules the FPS genre, no debating that.
November 4, 2012 2:37:40 PM

CocoHacker said:
Keyboard + Mouse .... its still rules the FPS genre, no debating that.


What about MMOs? :) 
November 4, 2012 3:00:48 PM

Sunius said:
What about MMOs? :) 


WoW in mind? Honestly, I don't play MMO's , but from what i ve heard preference is towards K + M :) 
!