Borderlands 2 lost data

Hi guy, so i have put in a lot of time playing Borderlands 2 and one day, I opened the game, and left to do something. When i came back, there was a message saying that Borderlands 2 has stopped working so I closed that can when i launched that game, all my progress was lost and i had to strat over. After playing for awhile, i just got sick of it and know whether or not i can recover my data. Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about borderlands lost data
  1. Oh yeah, also, if I can't recover my save can I copy one of my friend's save file data and paste it in mine own (my friend's progress was almost identical to mine)? Thanks again.
  2. That really sucks. What level were you and how far? Save game location is:

Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData

You could look at it as an opportunity to do something else for a new playthrough - new class, different types of weapons, side with Hodunks/Zafords etc.
  3. That happened to me with steam cloud sync after playing for like 15 hours, Now I always disable this.
  4. I had this problem yesterday. I got my save back.
    Go to: Documents\My Games\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\SaveData and check if some folders with files are there. If they are there, that's good, then backup the folder named with lots of numbers, then go to the folder with lots of numbers and delete the "profile.bin" file. (the backup was for your own calmness)
    Then just make another character and save the character soon as it's possible, then return to menu, select "select character" and there you have it, or you can can join multiplayer game and choose the character, it will be there too.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Games Video Games