CRASHMAN ... Tualatin Question

cuthulas

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2002
Crashman (or anyone reading this),

I saw that you are running a Tualatin Celeron 1.1Ghz at 1466 with a 133fsb with 1.60v.

I recently bought the same chip and have it running on on Asus P3V4X using a Slot T adapter from Upgradeware. After searching through a ton of posts, it seems a lot of people had the adapters burn out when they OC'ed thier CPU's or just after a short period of time. So far I haven't OC'ed the CPU for fear of burning out anything, but I want to OC! Any recommendations on OC'ing this particular CPU?

Currently, I'm using the Asus Probe software for determining the MB and CPU temps and with the stock cooling I am getting the following results:

CPU = 57C
MB = 36C

This seems a bit high to me from what I have been reading on the boards. What kind of cooling are you using?

Cuthulas
Cuthulas@hotmail.com

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'm using a stock Intel cooler! Hmm, maybe your readings are wrong? 57C should feel very warm to the touch, try touching your heatsink!

I've not burned a Slot-T yet.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>