Getting low fps on NVidia GT630M

I have disabled every possible setting in the game, and i have tried the 320X200 resolution, yet i get avg fps of 8-10. :( My config - i5 2450 (quad core), 4GB RAM 1333 MHz, NVidia GT630M 2GB graphics + Intel HD 3000. Can anyone help?
5 answers Last reply
More about getting nvidia gt630m
  1. What game? Although the Graphics card isn't particularly strong, it should be fine at 320x200! How are you measuring FPS?
  2. 630m is a pretty feeble card but 5-10fps at ridiculously low resolution would suggest something else is the problem.

An i5 2450m is a dual core btw, all i5 m versions are as far as I know, but I doubt that's the problem either, it should run most things fine enough.

As you are trying to play game(s) on a laptop, the obvious issue is likely to be overheating. It's definitely worth having a look at temperatures.
  3. first of all is which game? secondly are you running it in full screen or windowed? thirdly what are you using to measure fps?
  4. have you checked that both the Nvidia and the Intel HD 3000 is running?
  5. Rammy said:
    630m is a pretty feeble card but 5-10fps at ridiculously low resolution would suggest something else is the problem.

An i5 2450m is a dual core btw, all i5 m versions are as far as I know, but I doubt that's the problem either, it should run most things fine enough.

As you are trying to play game(s) on a laptop, the obvious issue is likely to be overheating. It's definitely worth having a look at temperatures.

let him be with whatever he's playing .......
    U can't suggest anything and call a GT 630 feeble without knowing the game he's trying to run...
    What if he rises from nowhere and says that he was talking about the VIRTUAL COP 2....!!!!
    Hahahaha.....
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Nvidia Video Games