Sign in with
Your question

Interesting, new Razer Mice are spying on you as you use them.

Last response: in Video Games
November 6, 2012 12:44:55 PM

I thought this deserved a cross-post from overclock.net. Since a lot of people come to this forum asking for mouse recommendations, and since this forum is full of people who hate DRM and data-mining, this should be an interesting read.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1323093/razer-razer-synapse-...

I suggest you read the entire first post, as he updates it several times. The bit about data-mining is toward the bottom.
November 6, 2012 1:37:36 PM

Well goody I prefer 3 button mice and hate all the other finicky stuff that comes with those 80+ mice. Never had to install any drivers for the mouse to work.

Thanks for the post casualcolors, good find indeed. I bet if this gets out on facebook or twitter razer is going to have a major rage on their hands.
November 6, 2012 1:41:16 PM

Glad I've never bought any Razer products, and from the looks of it now, never will either.
Related resources
November 7, 2012 7:43:18 AM

rene13cross said:
Glad I've never bought any Razer products, and from the looks of it now, never will either.

I have to agree. If nothing else it's a good way for Razer to breed out any incentive to try one of their Naga mice.
November 9, 2012 9:33:57 PM

I'm a little surprised Toms hasn't run an article on this yet. Even Ars Technica has already published a story.
!