Best gaming headset for ~$60?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I had Steel Series 4H, but the sound isn't working properly in one ear, so I'm looking into getting a new pair. What are the best gaming headphones for around ~$60? I'd be willing to go as high as around $80.

PS: Must ship to Canada.

Thanks,

Solution
I'm out of the loop as far as headsets go but I use my Turtle Beach x12's ($60) from my Xbox 360 on my PC. Individual Chat, Bass & Game volume dials. They are by no means "the best" but an option.

Other manufacturers are Steelseries like you said, Trittonz, Astros, Logitech & Mad Catz.

dscudella

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
I'm out of the loop as far as headsets go but I use my Turtle Beach x12's ($60) from my Xbox 360 on my PC. Individual Chat, Bass & Game volume dials. They are by no means "the best" but an option.

Other manufacturers are Steelseries like you said, Trittonz, Astros, Logitech & Mad Catz.

Solution

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I'm thinking I'll get the Steel Series Siberia V2. It's $125 w/ shipping, but I've read some reviews and I think it's worth it. Maybe I'll wait 'til there is a free shipping promotion or something.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Yeah, I know. I saw them on the SteelSeries website for $90 and figured, "Hmm, those look good for the price.", but then when I went to the checkout it showed the total cost with shipping. At that point I was kind of attached already. :p

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
If you're going to spend over $100 why would you buy a headset? They're all built to a lower standard than comparable headphones because they are marketed to one of the most thoughtless consumer groups; video game players.

Just buy a pair of similarly priced headphones and a 5 dollar Zalman clip-on mic (which sounds better than most boom mics). You'll get twice the quality and a product that actually has the potential to last.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Once you cross the $100.00 threshold, many headphones are being constructed to appeal to a more critical audience. The ever-annoying and particular "audiophile". Headsets at that price point are still being marketed toward the mountain-dew generation so to speak.

Read these two threads. They're both very informative:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-10-30-12-dt990-listings-merged-and-updated

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593050/the-nameless-guide-to-pc-gaming-audio-with-binaural-headphone-surround-sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS