I can't remember the name of this PC game

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hello, I have been racking my brains on this and checking everywhere on the net... and just maybe somebody out there knows the name of the game that I speak of.

Platform-PC
Year released-95-2000

Description-

This was a war like sim alien game. You started with a little group of aliens that crashed on earth and you either plant crops or buy food from a dealer ( which makes your alien people mad at you if you use the dealer ) and you build your military weapons and museums and all different kinds of things to make your colony like you or fight for you. Eventually there rival alien races tread on your turf and you must defend it with what you have amassed/built or earned. Depending on how your colony appeals to you will determine weather they will fight or do nothing or turn traitor. I remember playing this game way back in the day along with another old pc game called D.

Thanks for your help. :)

Solution
It sounds like a game I played called Deadlock. Different alien races were competing over a planet, and there was resource management, etc. There were shifty alien dealers you could buys stuff from, but they had a bad reputation and dropped your morale when you bought things with them. I always won games by locking down enemy forces and then building nukes. Sound familiar at all?

Whoops, should have checked the dates. Sorry about the necro.

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

I think it was a Win98 game, I could be wrong.I know that Jane's Tactical Fighters for windows was out at the time.... Any ideas?

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hmm. Not sure. Look at this list and see if you can remember it. :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/alien-invasion/92-408/games/

I also came across a game called Commander Keen, which a lot of people were looking for, but I don't think its that.

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hmm. Not sure. Look at this list and see if you can remember it. :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/alien-invasion/92-408/games/

I also came across a game called Commander Keen, which a lot of people were looking for, but I don't think its that.

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

I checked the list, and nope. None of those are it. I also looked at Commander Keen but no, not it either.I did say that I wasn't sure of it being Win95/98. I said I thought it was 98. But I am wrong, the old DELL PC had Win95. This thing came with a few cd disk games and software- Silent Steel , The Journeyman Project Turbo , Spiderman Cartoon Maker , Encarta 95 with the mind maze thing , a Howie Mandell cartoon kids game , Mayo-health cd , Sports Illustrated Cd , AOL CD, and a few more. I just remembered that Both of the games, the one I borrowed and don't remember the name of and Jane's ATF and more of the bigger games had to be run in MS-DOS and all other programs had to be shut down. Don't know why I didn't think of all this before :eek: .The bad thing besides not remembering the name of it, is that I just had borrowed a jewel case with the game, no box...No book.... So I have just the face of the disk and what the game looked like and how it was played to aid me in tracking down this game. So with that .. Do you have any more ideas?

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Labrynthian, I have checked both of your links, and none of those are it, but It did help me find some of the other older games for that old computer I had. And my old PC came with all of those cds and games, great trip down memory lane. I want to say the game was called Decent.. but It comes up with a FPS ship like game, definitely not it.
I know it started with a D, I remember using MS-DOS and having to type in the name to launch it. Any thoughts???

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Hello th_Redman, thanks for the help, but thats not it either, its very close to the gameplay but not it.... :cry: I have been looking for this particular game for a long time now... and still havent turned up anything. does anybody out there have any idea's?

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Labrynthian- Thanks for your help and research. I ended up finding some of the other older DOS games that I have been looking for, But unfortunately all those links don't have that particular one. I'm waiting on more info from the friend that I borrowed it from... I doubt that he will remember that far back but it's worth a shot. Thanks again Labrynthian. Keep up the great work.

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Yup, I was surprised that it wasn't on those list too. But it was a very good try though and I found some older DOS games aswell, so not a total loss. Thanks again for your help Labrynthian. :)

G

please, please anyone know this game?like 7 years old+u were a shooting blue machine which could fly and yours missions were to protect ur mans and ur buidings.the enemys were red it had missions and it was quite hard game.i think the commander who was giving u advises and telling you what to do was a girl.anyone can help?

Brian McTaggart

Honorable
May 24, 2013
It sounds like a game I played called Deadlock. Different alien races were competing over a planet, and there was resource management, etc. There were shifty alien dealers you could buys stuff from, but they had a bad reputation and dropped your morale when you bought things with them. I always won games by locking down enemy forces and then building nukes. Sound familiar at all?

Whoops, should have checked the dates. Sorry about the necro.

Solution

jem7ve

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Thanks Brian McTaggart, DeadLock is it!! I can't believe after all this time ( Nov 7, 2012 ) I have a name for this game. Big thanks to you Brian!

gabycashy5

Reputable
Dec 15, 2014
Someone can help I saw the last video of pewdiepie and the second game (with the baby) remind me of a game I played 5-10 years ago and I was wondering if anyone know the name. In the game you start in the hall of your house and your wife is not there so you decide to take a look around to see if you can find clues. After putting wood in the fire you hear your baby crying so you go upstairs and there's a demon with your baby in his arm. He disappear and you are now in front of a castle where I was stuck because the only thing I was able to do was to look behind me its a click genre game where you click in arrow to move hope someone will find it I was playing this on my computer the game is not light house dark being I really though it was it when I watched the gameplay but 1: there's no castle in the game. 2: the baby is younger and don't cry before he got kidnapped. 3: the arrow are normal and white not grey medieval style. 4: there's no teleportation machine you jump in the portal the monsters created.to land in front of the castle 5: there's not that much clue in my game, no weird computer, science machine, fuse and ladder who lead to the roof. 6: the monster is black with smoke around him he don't look like a troll or goblin 7: at the start of the game there's a cinematic where it show you enter in the house and call your wife but nobody respond. 8: I don't think you have a inventory and if you do it's not really big. 9: I'm really trying to think about other details that could help you but it's very hard