Sign in with
Your question

I can't remember the name of this PC game

Last response: in Video Games
November 7, 2012 12:09:59 AM

Hello, I have been racking my brains on this and checking everywhere on the net... and just maybe somebody out there knows the name of the game that I speak of.

Platform-PC
Year released-95-2000

Description-

This was a war like sim alien game. You started with a little group of aliens that crashed on earth and you either plant crops or buy food from a dealer ( which makes your alien people mad at you if you use the dealer ) and you build your military weapons and museums and all different kinds of things to make your colony like you or fight for you. Eventually there rival alien races tread on your turf and you must defend it with what you have amassed/built or earned. Depending on how your colony appeals to you will determine weather they will fight or do nothing or turn traitor. I remember playing this game way back in the day along with another old pc game called D.

Thanks for your help. :) 

More about : remember game

November 8, 2012 2:06:04 AM

Was it a DOS game or a Win 95/98?
m
l
November 15, 2012 1:35:37 AM

Labrynthian said:
Was it a DOS game or a Win 95/98?

I think it was a Win98 game, I could be wrong.I know that Jane's Tactical Fighters for windows was out at the time.... Any ideas?
m
l
Related resources
November 15, 2012 5:27:05 PM

Labrynthian said:
Hmm. Not sure. Look at this list and see if you can remember it. :) 

http://www.giantbomb.com/alien-invasion/92-408/games/

I also came across a game called Commander Keen, which a lot of people were looking for, but I don't think its that.

I checked the list, and nope. None of those are it. I also looked at Commander Keen but no, not it either.I did say that I wasn't sure of it being Win95/98. I said I thought it was 98. But I am wrong, the old DELL PC had Win95. This thing came with a few cd disk games and software- Silent Steel , The Journeyman Project Turbo , Spiderman Cartoon Maker , Encarta 95 with the mind maze thing , a Howie Mandell cartoon kids game , Mayo-health cd , Sports Illustrated Cd , AOL CD, and a few more. I just remembered that Both of the games, the one I borrowed and don't remember the name of and Jane's ATF and more of the bigger games had to be run in MS-DOS and all other programs had to be shut down. Don't know why I didn't think of all this before :o  .The bad thing besides not remembering the name of it, is that I just had borrowed a jewel case with the game, no box...No book.... So I have just the face of the disk and what the game looked like and how it was played to aid me in tracking down this game. So with that .. Do you have any more ideas?
m
l
November 16, 2012 2:28:24 AM

I also came across a game called Chex Warrior. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it's one of the alien games around at that time.
m
l
November 26, 2012 4:34:01 PM

Labrynthian said:
All right. Now we're making progress. So here's a link that takes you to your CD...

http://www.ronford.net/ui/circuitcity/answeb/computer/p...

Now your CD also had a MS Entertainment package, which is a bunch of MS games at the time. Here's a link to the games in the MS package.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Entertainment_Pa...

I'm pretty sure you'll find it here. Keep me posted. :) 

Labrynthian, I have checked both of your links, and none of those are it, but It did help me find some of the other older games for that old computer I had. And my old PC came with all of those cds and games, great trip down memory lane. I want to say the game was called Decent.. but It comes up with a FPS ship like game, definitely not it.
I know it started with a D, I remember using MS-DOS and having to type in the name to launch it. Any thoughts???
m
l
November 26, 2012 4:53:37 PM

omg, thank you guys, through this link you helped me find a game i have been looking for, "chips challenge" had it on my first PC with win 3.1 and Dos.
m
l
November 27, 2012 3:29:31 PM

Th_Redman said:
A long shot but could it have been "Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares"? Here is a link describing the plot and gameplay...which sounds alot like what you are looking for. Good luck.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_of_Orion_II:_Battle...

Hello th_Redman, thanks for the help, but thats not it either, its very close to the gameplay but not it.... :cry:  I have been looking for this particular game for a long time now... and still havent turned up anything. does anybody out there have any idea's?
m
l
November 27, 2012 4:26:05 PM

DOS game? Give me some time, I'll respond. Tied up this week, sorry.
m
l
November 28, 2012 4:16:50 AM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Was it Dune? The first one, not Dune 2000.

Oldmangamer-- Nope its not dune. Nice try though.
m
l
November 28, 2012 4:33:57 PM

Labrynthian said:
Hey, ok so I did some research. Check out these links. :) 

http://www.dosgames.com/gameindex.php

http://www.classicdosgames.com/all.html

http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/games/

Check out the "D" section of these sites if you're absolutely sure it starts with "D". Otherwise just scroll through them and see if you can find it. So far, these sites have all the DOS games I used to play, so it should be here. Let me know :p 

Labrynthian- Thanks for your help and research. I ended up finding some of the other older DOS games that I have been looking for, But unfortunately all those links don't have that particular one. I'm waiting on more info from the friend that I borrowed it from... I doubt that he will remember that far back but it's worth a shot. Thanks again Labrynthian. Keep up the great work.
m
l
November 29, 2012 12:11:51 AM

Waa? I'm surprised it's not on the list. That's sad. Anyway, hope you find it :) 
m
l
November 30, 2012 6:15:07 PM

Labrynthian said:
Waa? I'm surprised it's not on the list. That's sad. Anyway, hope you find it :) 

Yup, I was surprised that it wasn't on those list too. But it was a very good try though and I found some older DOS games aswell, so not a total loss. Thanks again for your help Labrynthian. :) 
m
l
Anonymous
January 1, 2013 12:43:24 PM

please, please anyone know this game?like 7 years old+u were a shooting blue machine which could fly and yours missions were to protect ur mans and ur buidings.the enemys were red it had missions and it was quite hard game.i think the commander who was giving u advises and telling you what to do was a girl.anyone can help?
m
l
January 2, 2013 2:35:01 AM

Command & Conquer was based on [ D ]une 2, so that might be it?
m
l
May 24, 2013 2:13:58 PM

It sounds like a game I played called Deadlock. Different alien races were competing over a planet, and there was resource management, etc. There were shifty alien dealers you could buys stuff from, but they had a bad reputation and dropped your morale when you bought things with them. I always won games by locking down enemy forces and then building nukes. Sound familiar at all?

Whoops, should have checked the dates. Sorry about the necro.
m
l
!