LG VX7000 Bitpim question

I've removed the verizon wireless banner, but is it also possible to remove
the date and time at the bottom of the main LCD as well?

Or at least remove the shading used as a background for the text? What
about changing the red color used to display all of the icons like service
bars and the battery icon?

What are some of the neater tricks that can be done with Bitpim?

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:26:45 GMT, Christian Amodeo wrote:

> I've removed the verizon wireless banner, but is it also possible to remove
> the date and time at the bottom of the main LCD as well?
>
> Or at least remove the shading used as a background for the text? What
> about changing the red color used to display all of the icons like service
> bars and the battery icon?
>
> What are some of the neater tricks that can be done with Bitpim?

Surfing the net and stuff I see that some phones support theming. Does the
VX7000? It comes with 4 installed themes so there's got to be a way to
create custom themes.

Switching icons must also be an option.

If it's got an OS, it's hackable, no? Merely removing the VW banner can't
be the only thing possible with an editor.

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 23:35:50 GMT, Christian Amodeo wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 20:26:45 GMT, Christian Amodeo wrote:
>
>> I've removed the verizon wireless banner, but is it also possible to remove
>> the date and time at the bottom of the main LCD as well?
>>
>> Or at least remove the shading used as a background for the text? What
>> about changing the red color used to display all of the icons like service
>> bars and the battery icon?
>>
>> What are some of the neater tricks that can be done with Bitpim?
>
> Surfing the net and stuff I see that some phones support theming. Does the
> VX7000? It comes with 4 installed themes so there's got to be a way to
> create custom themes.
>
> Switching icons must also be an option.
>
> If it's got an OS, it's hackable, no? Merely removing the VW banner can't
> be the only thing possible with an editor.

Anyone?
--
Up From Third Base To Huntington
They Sang Another Victory Song...

check the bitpim site. I'm fairly certain that even the 8000 is now
supported. There's also a bitpim listserve available there.

Latest posts