Bored with WoW?

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Anyone else bored with WoW after the new Mists of Pandaria expansion?

I hit 90 in a reasonable amount of time. Ran random BGs {alliance} to get PvP geared and so on. I am just bored with the game at this point. I am tired of the continual class changes and changes to the talent trees and game mechanics. I had 4 level 85s by the end of Cata do to the constant class nerfing and adjustments. Now it seems it is more of the same with a constantly unbalanced game. Certain classes get nerfed while others become OP. Random BGs and other PvP content doesn't offer enough reward IMO and it seems like Alliance loses more often than not {I'd estimate 75% of the time in random BGs from my experience}. Cross realm play has also hurt the game as it is allowing PvEers to power level quickly without any PvP interaction, get geared up and then play on PvP servers with ease. Dungeon and RAID finders are not PvPer friendly, where as Random BGs {the PvP version of these features} allow PvEers to enter and play with relative ease {despite their lack of PvP knowledge, ability and/or gear, often times costing their teams valuable wins}.

Anybody else out there having similar feelings as me? If so, how do we get Bliz to address these issues, rebalance the game and make it enjoyable again? I am about ready to give up on MMOs all together and just spend my gaming time on consoles {which is sad because for years WoW has been my game of choice}. Any ideas or thoughts?

Solution

The reason you'll never get your say is because Blizzard has established an 8 year history with the game of simply ignoring community complaints with the assurance that 95% of them will re-up the next month anyway. The only message you can really send Blizzard is closing your account, which doesn't sound like something you are interested in doing. :/
How exactly are random BGs more friendly to PvErs than Dungeon/Raid finder to PvPers? I find it to be opposite: if you come to a BG with PvE gear, you'll get steamrolled by anyone, while joining a dungeon or raid finder will kind of guarantee its completion.

What do you mean by PvP content is not rewarding? What kind of rewards do you want?

Also, are you playing alone? From your speech it seems so. You shouldn't rely on random content to make the game for you: go into rated battlegrounds, arenas, normal/heroic raids, challenge dungeons, achievements etc. Do it with people you know and like, guildies and friends. Remember, you're playing an MMO, which means that it's all about interaction with other people :).

I'm personally having a blast with Mists of Pandaria. It's so interesting, there's so many things to do: loads of new achievements, reputations, pet battles (although I didn't have time to play them a lot, they still seem very fun), loads of daily content (quests, Halfhill farm, professions), and very rich raiding content. My guild has cleared Mogu'shan Vaults on Normal, and we've killed two bosses in Heart of Fear. We also spent around 4 hours progressing on Garalon, however, we didn't manage to kill him yet. I'm feeling this is one of the best expansions of World of Warcraft to date.

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, I understand what you are saying Sunius, but there are differences between random BGs and the dungeon/raid finders. You can vote kick people from random dungeons and raids {I know, happens to me all the time before the run even starts because i'm in "PvP" gear}, where as you can not do this in random BGs. Instead in random BGs the PvEers are allowed to drag the whole team down, get "steamrolled" and cause a loss.

As for my comments on BG rewards, I have found it to be long grind to gear up through BGs and prep for rated BGs and arenas. When we are losing some 75% of battles for various reasons, the grind does become long and tedious. There needs to be more of an honor point curve for completing BG objectives, rather than allowing people to just run to the middle and farm kills for mediocre honor gains.

Casualcolors, yes, I know, there is no player organization or agency within WoW. However I do pay a monthly subscription fee and should be able to voice my concerns and have them addressed. I have submitted suggestion after suggestion and ticket after ticket with no response or change {not alone either, every BG there are PvP players with the same exact complaints}.

Look, I know PvEers are probably very happy with this XPac, but PvPers are continually left on the back burner. PvEers will get new content as the patches are released, their ilvls will skyrocket and PvPers will be left in the dust {like always}. The constant nerfing of some calsses while allowing for other classes to become OP is getting old, the always changing talent system is ridiculous {dreadful this time around}, the cross realm play and the lack of PvP balance, all is just ruining the game IMO.

Pamanda

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I totally aggree with Beef. As an alliance player {nope, not a rogue either boys} and a PvPer i also find that we are losing more than we win. I think that 75% is low still, i thinkwe are losing 90% of random BGs. I can't run a BG without being Feared constantly or having druids stack speed buffs on flag returns. Protection warriors are virtually unbeatable at this point as well. And what is up with the ret and prot spec pallies having restricted mana pools? [we didn't get enough in return for this major nerfing we received]. I also am given a rash of crap when I que for random dungeons and raids with my PvP gear. I aggree also with the thought that PvE gear is easier to obtain and has higher ilvls than PvP gear. And I also play on a PvP server with cross realm problems stemming from PvEers coming over and ganking PvPers as they level up. oh, yeah and like correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this supposed to be a PvP orriented XPac, bringing war back to warcraft? so what gives? I mean come on, when a lvl 90 pally and lvl 90 DK in full pvP gear can't down a single PvE equiped prot warrior while in outlands, there is a definite balance problem right?

As I said before - you have missed a critical part. Do not queue alone. Do the dungeons/raids/battlegrounds with friends and you will not lose. If you're really a PvPer, join a PvP guild and rock the battlegrounds - it will be only on rare occasions when you lose and I really doubt your friends would kick you.

And what does gear have to do with anything? The game isn't about gearing up...

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

The reason you'll never get your say is because Blizzard has established an 8 year history with the game of simply ignoring community complaints with the assurance that 95% of them will re-up the next month anyway. The only message you can really send Blizzard is closing your account, which doesn't sound like something you are interested in doing. :/

Solution

davidgermain

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2005
ALL MMORPG's are the same. just different graphics.
PvP - same in all mmo
PvE - pick up quest > kill 10 of X > drop off quest. pick up quest > kill 20 of x and pick up thing > drop off quest. go to dungeon kill everything argue about loot. go to RAID blame healer or tank > argue about same loot. pay for it monthly hope you get the new hairstyle in the expansion pack.

When will we seen a different game mechanic - i am looking at Mechwarrior Online but i fear its more of the same. <sigh>

BeefBravo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, so I've had it. I have quit playing. I sold my Asus G72GX and got the XBox 360 Skyrim/Forenza bundle. WoW has turned into more and more of the same and has become way off balance. MoP was a fail of an XPac with only 5 levels and limited content. Cata got away with it because of the complete vanilla revamp and all the work they put into it, but MoP is just thrown together. To bad Bliz, I enjoyed WoW for many years, but this turd of an XPac has bored me to death.

Greensiteofhell

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
MoP: Too many dailies, ninja’s, OP classes and CC skills. Automatic payment and childish quests etc. sucks. Twinks is killed.. then I quit!

After 2 months break I started playing WOW again (new friend), but with a bad feeling - hoped I could go around the dailies and get my gear in BG/dungeons and then straight to guild raids and arena/RBG. It seems I will have succes - getting new gear darn fast, dungeons are pretty easy.. flying on a pink sky ;)

All in all MoP is OK, but I really don’t understand why Blizzard is not trying to balance the classes and letting them stay the same for a while, so we can play another class without having to study it all over again. In BG CC is all over the place - sometimes you can’t move for 10-15 sec and end up dead :S

I quit after WotLK. It just seemed like the game went in the wrong direction for me. What makes these online game appealing, and why they have a large player base, is community. The reason you will likely keep playing is the friends you have online. However, I quit because it felt like they were moving the game to a point that is felt more like a single player game. The cross-server instances, be it battlegrounds, dungeons and even Arena to some extent (though lesser extent) made you feel alone. You never had to converse with others, they didn't care anything about you either and you rarely see the same people twice. Before all the cross-server stuff, you had a social relationship with those you played with.

Raiding was the last thing that felt good with WoW, in the respect to the social game, but unfortunately, raiding takes too much of your time.

XxKiLLsHoTTxX

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Sadly seems us Vanilla players despise the changes more then the wrath babies. Why? Simply because it catered to the rush pull ninja system. This brought them new revenue. As many stated they don't care about the few. They will continue to upset at least someone. It is inevitable you cannot please all. That being said; MoP - Way too many quests, dailies, factions, requirements, and ninjas etc., etc. It has become mundane and aggravating. Both pvp and pve content is a never ending grind. For what? A patch, expan, renders it all pointless. This is why I quit an 8yr progress and multiple accounts. Suggestions? Quit if you're bored stop griping move on. I switched to console as well after trying multiple mmo. Sorry but this happens to every game/gamer eventually. Move On.

thecynicalmonk

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

I would have to agree... I think one thing that's badly needed is server balance between factions. I've been playing for going on 7 years and the one thing I've noticed is that a lot of the 'MMO' community issues revolve around a bad alliance/horde ratio on a server. For example...while playing on a well know server with a high or full population I found that i was fully content with world PvP as well as things like Wintergrasp....before the battlegroup changes. All in all I've found the random world PvP to be lacking in excitement and challenge. Currently, I'm mainly playing on a server with a very bad faction ratio.

I don't know how it can be done, but if blizzard could find a way to "balance" the servers per say, I think that would fix alot of gamer gripes.

thecynicalmonk

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
True it's not the best PvP game, but some ppl do enjoy some competition in the game of their liking... Myself, I'm a PvE fan boy that dabbles in a lil PvP to pass the time. But I find PvP in the right setting (good alliance /horde ratio) very fun in WoW

wowisgay

Honorable
Jul 6, 2013
yes, and every expansion all that hard work put in for gear is literally worse than even the new greens. i believe they have dumbed it down so much like the new talent trees. also, its too childish IMO now, they made me get a name change from a character named "bastard", and when i tried to appeal it customer service first responded with "hello might hero!" what the fuck is that? im not fighting in iraq and im not a delusional 12yr old either, i'm sitting on my ass playing a game.. then the customer support began making faces like "(>*.*)>" like what the fuck is that?!? how about being a little professional and not treating me like a child especially since i was already pissed off.. i'm not a 12yr old with ADD, so idk what the point of the faces were supposed to be, they just ended up pissing me off more, so much that it made me realize WoW is garbage and childish so i quit