Easy Overclock For XP-2600/333 ?

dbunger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have just put together a new box(Athlon XP-2600/333, Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Cosair PC3500(433Mhz)Memory, ATI 9700 Pro) Is their an easy overclock for this combo ? I don't want any instibility or soildering or etching.
But if thier is some easy overclock that will get me a 100 or 200 Mhz more I would not mind trying it. Any ideas ? Thx

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Well you can allways raise the FSB a little... see what you can get. Just make sure you lock the PCI/AGP speed to 33/66.

<i>"Revenues were less than robust"</i> - QWEST
<i>"The company applied its accounting policies incorrectly"</i> - WORLDCOM
<i>"Certian financial adjustments may be required"</i> - AOL+TW.

svol

Champion
Do as PooBaa suggested... lock the AGP/PCI speed and increase your FSB with small steps of 3-5Mhz. If your CPU doesn't want to run stable at higher speed you can slightly increase VCore voltage. Always check if your temps are ok.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek:

dbunger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'll give it a try. Any idea what peaple have been able to raise the FSB to with out any stibility problems (ballpark)? Thx for the input.

LCARS

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2002
I've been able to run my FSB permanently at 176Mhz.

That's around 2.2Ghz I believe. But slowly eek up to that point, seeing how <i>my</i> North Bridge is watercooled.

Your computer will crash, so make sure you know how to reset the CMOS before you proceed.

svol

Champion
Well your NorthBridge should support 200MHz. But if your CPU can handle the speed is another question.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dimms when I turn it on :eek: