Boot problem with Armada 7800

I am having a boot problem with an old Armada 7800:

1. I cannot boot from anyplace but the hard drive. After I've booted,
the system recognizes the floppy and/or the CD. But, during the boot
process, only the hard drive is recognized.

2. When I boot, I get the following message: "Non-System disk or disk
error. Replace and strike any key when ready." I just hit the Enter key
and the system then boots normally (from the hard drive).

3. If I try to load the diagnostic partition (i.e., F10 during the boot
process), I get the following message: "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to
restart."

If I could boot from the floppy drive, I could rebuild the diagnostic
partition. But, I can only boot from the hard drive.

Thanks,

Paul
1 answer Last reply
More about boot problem armada 7800

    Paul a écrit:
    > I am having a boot problem with an old Armada 7800:
    >

    > 1. I cannot boot from anyplace but the hard drive. After I've booted,
    > the system recognizes the floppy and/or the CD. But, during the boot
    > process, only the hard drive is recognized.
    >
    > 2. When I boot, I get the following message: "Non-System disk or disk
    > error. Replace and strike any key when ready." I just hit the Enter key
    > and the system then boots normally (from the hard drive).
    >
    > 3. If I try to load the diagnostic partition (i.e., F10 during the boot
    > process), I get the following message: "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to
    > restart."
    >

    > If I could boot from the floppy drive, I could rebuild the diagnostic
    > partition. But, I can only boot from the hard drive.

    IIRC, there is a key combination to restore the default boot order, its
    something like Alt-shift-F11 or Alt-control-F11

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul

Compaq Boot Hard Drives Computers