SteelSeries Siberia V2 - USB vs 3.5MM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
Hey,
So I have been browsing headphones and I have decided to get the Steel Series Siberia V2.
(http://shop.steelseries.com/us/audio/steelseries-siberia-v2-full-size-headset.html)

Which would be better? The USB variant, or the 3.5MM one? I do not have a dedicated sound card. My motherboard is H77, if that is relevant. I don't know much about audio.

Solution

Not really. That virtual surround comes from a very low quality mini soundcard that isn't even soldered. They just hot-glue those things and call it a day. I'd rather have the option for analog input to a legitimate soundcard at a later date personally, since you can get superior surround sound on a card as cheap as $49.99 and it's an investment that can last for several PC-builds.

am10159

Honorable
May 25, 2012
I don't think you will notice any difference at all in terms of quality. It's up to you. If you need more room for other USB devices then get the 3.5mm variant. If you prefer to have your speakers plugged in (if your speakers use the 3.5mm jack) at the same time as your headphones, then go with the USB.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Not really. That virtual surround comes from a very low quality mini soundcard that isn't even soldered. They just hot-glue those things and call it a day. I'd rather have the option for analog input to a legitimate soundcard at a later date personally, since you can get superior surround sound on a card as cheap as $49.99 and it's an investment that can last for several PC-builds.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.