UDHA

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2003
I've heard from some places [www.atomicmpc.com.au] that the EPOX 8K9A or maybe it was EPOX 8K9A2 lets you change the multiplyer of an AMD AthlonXP without pulling out the magnifying glass and silver. I'm after the EPOX 8K9A2+ motherboard, does anybody own one of these? I want to know if they can change the multiplyer, as this is my basis for purchase, apart from the SATA, AGP 8X, RAID, and the rounded IDE cables that come packed as standards.

cjmurph

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
Hi, I have that board, and I can highly recomend it. as for the unlocking, that was why I bought the board too, but subsequently found out that my new processor with a t'bred 'b' core is already unlocked anyway. before I bought that new processor I had my old 1600+ in it but I had already physically unlocked that CPU. I can highly recommend this board. it has allowed me to overclock my XP2100+ to an XP2800+ without even trying, and rock solid stability. comes with heaps of great features, and the only thing that I can say against it is the same for all epox motherboards, the placement of the ATX connector is a pain in the ass. otherwise this is an awesome choice.

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
...if I had known that I would have bought one...no wait I got my 8k3a before they came out. well damn that is cool tho.

In battle Israel uses F-16's and big ass tanks, Palestine uses small children strapped to bombs. Which do you support?

svol

Champion
It is an overclockers delight mobo that's for sure. And it seems to unlock all mulitpliers (and not just the lower or higher range) for T-breds.

My dual-PSU PC is so powerfull that the neighbourhood dims when I turn it on :eek: