MLB is Racist

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.

Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
33 answers Last reply
More about racist
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    FF, you're obviously a sockpuppet of a regular here - who is it? Slick?

    "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
    > Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    > "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    > without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    > the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    >
    > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    > sport
    > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Freedom Fries wrote:
    > Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    > "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    > without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    > the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.

    Donnelly doesn't hit 40 HR's each year. Not to mention, pine tar on the
    glove isn't cheating unless he put it on the ball, which was not proven.
    One of Donnelly's teammates could've picked up his glove after an
    at-bat. Donnelly could have been using it for his hands, as reportedly
    most pitchers do. Who knows if he was cheating.

    > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
    > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

    Does "Giambi" ring a bell?

    --
    Griffin Spencer

    Visit my Blog (Updated Weekly): http://batterseye.blogspot.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Donnelly isn't on the verge of breaking Cy Young's records
    because of pine tar.

    "Griffin Spencer" <ENTERMYNAMEHEREFIRSTANDLASTNOSPACE@comcast.net> wrote in
    message news:DfydneeHydb4gi_fRVn-1g@comcast.com...
    > Freedom Fries wrote:
    > > Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    > > "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    > > without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days
    of
    > > the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    >
    > Donnelly doesn't hit 40 HR's each year. Not to mention, pine tar on the
    > glove isn't cheating unless he put it on the ball, which was not proven.
    > One of Donnelly's teammates could've picked up his glove after an
    > at-bat. Donnelly could have been using it for his hands, as reportedly
    > most pitchers do. Who knows if he was cheating.
    >
    > > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    sport
    > > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
    >
    > Does "Giambi" ring a bell?
    >
    > --
    > Griffin Spencer
    >
    > Visit my Blog (Updated Weekly): http://batterseye.blogspot.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
    > Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    > "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    > without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    > the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    >
    > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    > sport
    > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

    Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
    > "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
    > > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    > > sport
    > > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
    >
    > Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.

    Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
    He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
    The media made a small circus of his arrival etc for spring training sure
    and why not? He has been proved to be guilty, he admitted guilty - well sort
    of, still never said the "S" word in interviews etc.
    But most people with half a brain who can add 2 and 2 and come up with 4
    *knew* from his appearance at the beginning of last season that he has
    indeed been on steroids - everyone knew/suspected it, yet where were the
    news reports? Where were the constant innuendo?. Giambis "numbers" are/were
    nothing to be sneezed at and yet he was left relatively alone prior to his
    testimony at the Grand Jury and even after it.
    He *never* received the kind of badgering Bonds has nor have reporters
    dedicated story upon story on how he cheated the system. Nor on how his HR's
    should be asterixed. His name is not included in *every* report done on
    steroids, Bonds name is. I don't necessarily believe it is racism at work, I
    don't know as if I can agree with the initial poster. But I do think Bonds
    hit the nail on the head when he said it has a lot to do with how private a
    person he is and how he doesn't kiss up to the media like Sosa, Giambi etc.

    Get a life people, wake up Bonds is/has been/will continue to be singled out
    etc
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:56:22 +1000, "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote:

    >"nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
    >> "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
    >> > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    >> > sport
    >> > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
    >>
    >> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
    >
    >Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!

    You should get out more.

    >He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?

    He didn't commit a crime or break the rules moron.

    Vinnie S.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "Eaglesclaw121" <eaglesclaw121@cox.net> wrote in message
    > FF, you're obviously a sockpuppet of a regular here - who is it?

    Your mom.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

    > "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
    >> "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
    >> > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    >> > sport
    >> > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
    >>
    >> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
    >
    > Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
    > He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?

    how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
    suspended?

    If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would have
    talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
    unrepentant. If anything, they've been harder on Giambi relative to his
    situation.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:36:10 GMT, "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote:

    >"Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

    >>> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
    >>
    >> Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
    >> He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
    >
    >how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
    >suspended?
    >
    >If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would have
    >talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
    >unrepentant.

    I guess he'd have to have cheated like Giambi in order to have something
    to apologize for.
    --
    Greg Lentz
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "Greg Lentz" <nodamnspam@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:36:10 GMT, "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

    >>> Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
    >>> He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
    >>
    >>how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
    >>suspended?
    >>
    >>If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would
    >>have
    >>talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
    >>unrepentant.
    >
    > I guess he'd have to have cheated like Giambi in order to have something
    > to apologize for.

    you're smart.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "nikko" <nothanks@seriouslynothanks.com> wrote in message

    > you're smart.

    For the first time in this thread you're right. He IS smart. Stop mindlessly
    listening to whatever ESPN tells you.

    Bonds is innocent, his lawyer insists

    FLURRY OF DENIALS: Attorney says Giants' superstar slugger 'did not take
    anything illegal'
    Janine DeFao, Chronicle Staff Writer

    The BALCO Probe

    Barry Bonds' attorney said Friday that the Giants' home run king was
    saddened by news reports linking him to possible steroid use, but he
    insisted that his client was an innocent victim of a government smear
    campaign.

    "He did not take anything illegal. His best friend in the world (strength
    trainer Greg Anderson) did not give him anything illegal," attorney Michael
    Rains said, surrounded by about two dozen reporters and news crews on the
    steps of an Oakland courthouse.

    Rains was responding to a story in Friday's Chronicle detailing Bonds'
    testimony last year before a federal grand jury investigating the Bay Area
    Laboratory Co-Operative, known as BALCO. Federal prosecutors accuse the
    firm's top officers and Anderson of distributing undetectable steroids to
    elite athletes in the form of a rubbing cream and clear substance taken
    orally. Anderson and three other men were indicted in February on charges of
    money laundering and conspiracy to distribute steroids.

    As reported in The Chronicle Thursday, New York Yankees star Jason Giambi
    admitted to the grand jury that he used undetectable steroid drops and cream
    provided by Anderson.

    Bonds testified that he had received similarly described substances from
    Anderson, his boyhood friend and trainer, but believed them to be flaxseed
    oil and arthritis cream.

    "He does not believe any of those substances were any type of anabolic
    steroid or had any such properties," Rains said. He said it was common for
    Bonds to use lotions and other supplements, and he had no reason to distrust
    his longtime friend.

    He said Bonds had used the substances only sporadically after the death of
    his father, former Giants All-Star Bobby Bonds, in August 2003 and saw no
    physical effect.

    "He did not take these items in concert," Rains added. "He did not take them
    systematically. He did not take them in a cyclical fashion like steroids
    have to be taken to have an effect."

    Despite the unequivocal denials, Rains pointed out that if the substances
    had contained the undetectable steroid THG, it was not a banned substance at
    the time.

    "My client is hardly a chemist," he added.

    He said Bonds was saddened by the news reports about himself and Giambi.

    "He was sorry this has happened for a lot of reasons," said Rains, who said
    he had spoken with Bonds Thursday night and Friday. "He understands the
    potential tarnish on the game and on his friends and certainly on his own
    stature."

    He said Bonds also was concerned about the impact on his longtime friend,
    Anderson.

    Rains said Bonds had been unfairly targeted by federal prosecutors who had
    been gunning for the slugger from the start. He said they had reneged on a
    deal to let Bonds review documents before his grand jury testimony, as
    others who testified were allowed to do.

    Prosecutors wanted to "get Barry in front of the grand jury, sandbag him
    with documents he had never seen before and hope he would stutter, stammer
    and fail somehow to satisfactorily explain or he would make some other
    mistake and it would be incriminating," Rains said.

    Asked about the government's motivation, he said maybe the BALCO defendants
    weren't "sexy enough."

    "Maybe there's a lot of hatred and ill will toward Barry Bonds, and God only
    knows there is," he added.

    Rains said he has not seen a copy of Bonds' testimony or the documents Bonds
    was questioned about before the grand jury. "They may be wholly fictitious,"
    he said. "They may be creations by the government itself. We simply don't
    know."

    Rains accused the government of leaking Bonds' testimony, though he said he
    had no proof. While U.S. District Judge Susan Illston and U.S. Attorney
    Kevin V. Ryan, head of the San Francisco office, have requested that the
    Justice Department investigate the leaks, Rains said he seriously doubted
    the government "will rigorously look into the source of the leaks."

    "The confidence of my client in the justice system has been eviscerated,"
    Rains said. "He has been betrayed."

    Rains said he had not been in contact with Major League Baseball about the
    recent revelations and said he had no indication the league was conducting
    its own investigation of Bonds.

    He said Bonds had passed drug tests the past two seasons and looked forward
    to being tested again.

    "We know what the results are going to be," he said. "Barry Bonds is clean.
    Barry Bonds is a great athlete. Some people will never accept it."

    E-mail Janine DeFao at jdefao@sfchronicle.com.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:51:14 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
    <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:

    >Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    >"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    >without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    >the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    >
    >Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
    >and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

    Right, it must be racism. Couldn't have anything to do with the fact
    that Bonds is a superstar about to break the sport's most cherished
    record vs. Donelly who?
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "Seth Jackson" <a@mindspring.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:51:14 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
    > <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    > >"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    > >without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    > >the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    > >
    > >Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    sport
    > >and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
    >
    > Right, it must be racism.

    I know.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Jason Giambi is a minor footnote in baseball history, and would have
    been, I believe, even if he'd been able to string together another
    couple of .340/40/120 seasons. I think thirty years from now we'll be
    thinking of him (if we're even thinking of him at all) as a 'roid
    robot, and as another in the string of wastes; reminiscent, perhaps, of
    Gooden and Strawberry. (Granted, they had real talent and pissed it
    away; Giambi's got great eyesight and not much else.)
    Barry Bonds, on the other hand, has not only drawn within spitting
    distance of the most hallowed record in all of sports, but has done so
    with a dramatic upward spike in performance at a time in life when most
    athletes- hell, most people- are stumbling downhill. I'm not going to
    say that Bonds doesn't have half a point as re: his treatment by the
    public, but comparing Bonds and Giambi is ludicrous.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:31:49 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
    <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:

    >"Seth Jackson" <a@mindspring.invalid> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:51:14 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
    >> <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    >> >"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    >> >without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    >> >the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    >> >
    >> >Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
    >sport
    >> >and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
    >>
    >> Right, it must be racism.
    >
    >I know.

    Nice snippage. I guess that reflects the limitations you have in your
    ability to think.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.

    MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is not
    really comparable to Bonds as much as its comparable to Sammy Sosa corking
    his bat. And IIRC, this penalty is on a similar scale to Sosa's penalty.

    Come'on FF, you've got to give the MLB front office a little time to do a
    proper investigation and analysis. You seemed to be asking for an immediate
    high-tech lynching of Donnelly. IIRC, even Sammy Sosa was not immediately
    suspended (though I could be wrong about that). MLB usually does wait until
    their disciplinary office can look at the evidence, etc. before handing down
    any suspensions. You've got to be fair and give'em 2-3 days.

    Freedom Fries wrote in message <42b21e53$1_1@x-privat.org>...
    >Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    >"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    >without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    >the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    >
    >Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
    >and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:25:05 -0400, "Fred Burton"
    <fburton@starfire.mv.com> wrote:

    >Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.
    >
    >MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is not
    >really comparable to Bonds

    Right, seeing as Bonds hasn't done anything.
    --
    Greg Lentz
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "Vinnie S." <none@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:56:22 +1000, "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com>
    wrote:
    > >He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
    >
    > He didn't commit a crime or break the rules moron.

    Excuse me MORON, using steroids, which is an illegal drug, IS a crime.

    I think YOU need to get out more.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
    > "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message
    > > Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
    > > He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
    >
    > how much was Bonds fined?

    For what? He hasnt "confessed" to using steroids, so why would he incur a
    fine.

    > how long was he imprisoned?

    For what? he hasnt done anything illegal - unlike Giambi who admitted to
    using steroids, thats illegal.

    > how long was he
    > suspended?

    For what? Nothing has been proven, he unlike Giambi has not confessed to
    steroid use, nor has he been tested positive yet like some others.

    > If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would
    have
    > talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
    > unrepentant.

    Why would he apologise? For what? he hasnt been found/proven to have done
    anything wrong!!

    > If anything, they've been harder on Giambi relative to his
    > situation.

    Bullshit! If Bonds actually came out like Giambi did and confessed and
    testified in court that he took steroids everyone would be howling for his
    blood!! And there would be nation wide campaigns to see that he was stricken
    from baseball records - I dont care whether he is 3rd or 300th on the Career
    HR records list - everyone who cheats should be treated in the same fashion.
    So if that means they are treated as Giambi has been then fine, but dont be
    thinking that different people require different punishments because of
    their achievements!!
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    In article <DfydneeHydb4gi_fRVn-1g@comcast.com>,
    wrote:

    > Freedom Fries wrote:
    > > Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
    > > "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
    > > without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
    > > the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
    >
    > Donnelly doesn't hit 40 HR's each year. Not to mention, pine tar on the
    > glove isn't cheating unless he put it on the ball, which was not proven.
    > One of Donnelly's teammates could've picked up his glove after an
    > at-bat. Donnelly could have been using it for his hands, as reportedly
    > most pitchers do. Who knows if he was cheating.

    It's not cheating even if it is on his hands because pine tar does not
    affect the trajectory of the ball. That's what the foreign substance
    rules are there to cover, materials that alter the trajectory of the
    ball to give the pitcher an advantage. Pine tar does not do that,
    therefore Major League Baseball needs to amend the rule to reflect
    reality.

    --
    JD

    "Baseball is a dull game only for those with a dull mind"--Red Smith
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    In article <K7Jse.5833$jX6.1780@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote:

    > "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

    > >> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
    > >
    > > Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
    > > He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
    >
    > how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
    > suspended?

    It ain't over. There hasn't even been a formal accusation.

    > If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would have
    > talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
    > unrepentant. If anything, they've been harder on Giambi relative to his
    > situation.

    If Bonds is telling the truth, then he has nothing to be repentant about.

    --
    JD

    "Baseball is a dull game only for those with a dull mind"--Red Smith
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Pine Tar does INDEED change the trajectory of the ball.

    I pitch in a 38+ Men's Basbeall league - in agmae the other night I
    went out there with some pine tar on my glove - I cleared it the ump he
    was clueless and didn't care. The extra grip provided bythe pine tar
    makes it easier to throw the curveball and, thus, increase the velocity
    of the spin, making for a sharper break.

    I was also able to get a little mor life out of a cut fastball.

    And if a 39yo can get extra movement my first time out, you can imagine
    what someone with major league talent and some practice can do!!
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Greg Lentz wrote in message ...
    >On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:25:05 -0400, "Fred Burton"
    ><fburton@starfire.mv.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.
    >>
    >>MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is
    not
    >>really comparable to Bonds
    >
    >Right, seeing as Bonds hasn't done anything.
    >--
    >Greg Lentz

    No, not because Bonds has or hasn't done anything, but because Donnelly's
    offense just isn't similar to Bonds' supposed offense.

    What Donnelly has done was much, MUCH more similar to Sammy Sosa's corked
    bat.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    And to further explain, more spin - or a higher velocity spin - will
    cause the ball to break sharper and later.

    Indeed making the ball more difficult to hit.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Fred Burton wrote:
    > Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.
    >
    > MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is not
    > really comparable to Bonds as much as its comparable to Sammy Sosa corking
    > his bat. And IIRC, this penalty is on a similar scale to Sosa's penalty.

    Pretty similar to the Julian Tavarez situation last year (he got eight
    games), although Tavarez wasn't ejected, nor did the umps confiscate
    the hat that supposedly held the pine tar.

    Brian
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    In article <1119298623.413778.67600@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
    "Default User" <defaultuserbr@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Fred Burton wrote:
    > > Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.
    > >
    > > MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is not
    > > really comparable to Bonds as much as its comparable to Sammy Sosa corking
    > > his bat. And IIRC, this penalty is on a similar scale to Sosa's penalty.
    >
    > Pretty similar to the Julian Tavarez situation last year (he got eight
    > games), although Tavarez wasn't ejected, nor did the umps confiscate
    > the hat that supposedly held the pine tar.

    Which caused no end of trouble. The guy that got hold of it turned it
    over to the St. Louis newspaper who had the ickiness on the cap analyzed
    and it turned out it was pretty much all dirt and sweat, no illegal
    substances of any kind.

    --
    JD

    "Baseball is a dull game only for those with a dull mind"--Red Smith
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Default User wrote:

    > Fred Burton wrote:
    >
    >>Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.
    >>
    >>MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is not
    >>really comparable to Bonds as much as its comparable to Sammy Sosa corking
    >>his bat. And IIRC, this penalty is on a similar scale to Sosa's penalty.
    >

    > Pretty similar to the Julian Tavarez situation last year (he got eight
    > games), although Tavarez wasn't ejected, nor did the umps confiscate
    > the hat that supposedly held the pine tar.

    Actually, he WAS ejected, but as Jeanne has said, nothing illegal was
    found on the hat when the St. Louis Post-Dispatch had a science lab
    analyze it.

    --
    Thanks for your time,

    Eric Opperman
    "Have the opposing team’s ace get the flu every series." -- Steve Stone,
    on how the Chicago Cubs can continue to play well
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Eric Opperman wrote:
    > Default User wrote:
    > >
    > > Fred Burton wrote:

    > > Pretty similar to the Julian Tavarez situation last year (he got eight
    > > games), although Tavarez wasn't ejected, nor did the umps confiscate
    > > the hat that supposedly held the pine tar.
    >
    > Actually, he WAS ejected, but as Jeanne has said, nothing illegal was
    > found on the hat when the St. Louis Post-Dispatch had a science lab
    > analyze it.

    Yeah, you're right. My memory was faulty.

    Brian
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 11:56:49 +1000, "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote:

    >"Vinnie S." <none@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:56:22 +1000, "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com>
    >wrote:
    >> >He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
    >>
    >> He didn't commit a crime or break the rules moron.
    >
    >Excuse me MORON, using steroids, which is an illegal drug, IS a crime.

    It's not an illegal drug, asswipe. Many are used in medicine, specifically
    cancer. What is illegal is the way they are obtained.

    >I think YOU need to get out more.

    Hey asswipe, when a crime is committed, you are arrested and charged. There was
    no crime committed, nor did he break any baseball rules. In fact, comments in
    the media have said that MLB did in fact know about usage in the late 1990's,
    but declined to do anything about it.

    You are a complete idiot. In NY, Giambi was practically crucified by the press,
    while Sheffield (who is black, BTW) went virtually untouched.

    So take you political grandstanding, and shove it up your ass.

    Vinnie S.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 12:17:58 +1000, "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com>
    wrote:

    > And Giambi was
    >hardly badgered for the last 5+ years with speculation and innuendo hangin
    >over him with people/press whispering and then shouting "steroids user".

    OTOH, Giambi hasn't broken the single-season HR record and been on a
    pace to break the career record. Think that might have something to
    do with it?
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    > "Vinnie S." <none@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Irrelevent. He was not charged, hence he didn't commit any crime.
    >
    > ROFL oh using that train of thought I am not guilty of murder unless I am
    > caught and charged - COOL!!

    Every once in a while I regret putting Vinnie in my killfile since I enjoy
    the laughs I get from reading his absolute stupidity. Fortunately those
    such posts are usually responded to by other people, so I get the laugh
    anyway.
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    "QuiGon" <QuiGon@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > "Vinnie S." <none@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Irrelevent. He was not charged, hence he didn't commit any crime.
    > >
    > > ROFL oh using that train of thought I am not guilty of murder unless I
    am
    > > caught and charged - COOL!!
    >
    > Every once in a while I regret putting Vinnie in my killfile since I enjoy
    > the laughs I get from reading his absolute stupidity. Fortunately those
    > such posts are usually responded to by other people, so I get the laugh
    > anyway.

    Glad I could help :-D
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

    Samfromoz wrote:

    >>>ROFL oh using that train of thought I am not guilty of murder unless I
    >
    > am
    >
    >>>caught and charged - COOL!!

    That would be, caught and convicted.
    --
    -Glen

    Thunderbird - Reclaim your inbox
    Firefox - Take back the web
    http://tinyurl.com/1he

    >>Every once in a while I regret putting Vinnie in my killfile since I enjoy
    >>the laughs I get from reading his absolute stupidity. Fortunately those
    >>such posts are usually responded to by other people, so I get the laugh
    >>anyway.
    >

    > Glad I could help :-D

Final Fantasy Games Video Games