MLB is Racist

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.

Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

FF, you're obviously a sockpuppet of a regular here - who is it? Slick?

Freedom Fries wrote:
> Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
> "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
> without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
> the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.

Donnelly doesn't hit 40 HR's each year. Not to mention, pine tar on the
glove isn't cheating unless he put it on the ball, which was not proven.
One of Donnelly's teammates could've picked up his glove after an
at-bat. Donnelly could have been using it for his hands, as reportedly
most pitchers do. Who knows if he was cheating.

> Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
> and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

Does "Giambi" ring a bell?

--
Griffin Spencer

Visit my Blog (Updated Weekly): http://batterseye.blogspot.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

Donnelly isn't on the verge of breaking Cy Young's records
because of pine tar.

"Griffin Spencer" <ENTERMYNAMEHEREFIRSTANDLASTNOSPACE@comcast.net> wrote in
message news:DfydneeHydb4gi_fRVn-1g@comcast.com...
> Freedom Fries wrote:
> > Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
> > "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
> > without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days
of
> > the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
>
> Donnelly doesn't hit 40 HR's each year. Not to mention, pine tar on the
> glove isn't cheating unless he put it on the ball, which was not proven.
> One of Donnelly's teammates could've picked up his glove after an
> at-bat. Donnelly could have been using it for his hands, as reportedly
> most pitchers do. Who knows if he was cheating.
>
> > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
sport
> > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
>
> Does "Giambi" ring a bell?
>
> --
> Griffin Spencer
>
> Visit my Blog (Updated Weekly): http://batterseye.blogspot.com

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

"Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
> Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
> "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
> without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
> the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
>
> Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
> sport
> and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.

"nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
> "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
> > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
> > sport
> > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
>
> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.

Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
The media made a small circus of his arrival etc for spring training sure
and why not? He has been proved to be guilty, he admitted guilty - well sort
of, still never said the "S" word in interviews etc.
But most people with half a brain who can add 2 and 2 and come up with 4
*knew* from his appearance at the beginning of last season that he has
indeed been on steroids - everyone knew/suspected it, yet where were the
news reports? Where were the constant innuendo?. Giambis "numbers" are/were
nothing to be sneezed at and yet he was left relatively alone prior to his
testimony at the Grand Jury and even after it.
He *never* received the kind of badgering Bonds has nor have reporters
dedicated story upon story on how he cheated the system. Nor on how his HR's
should be asterixed. His name is not included in *every* report done on
steroids, Bonds name is. I don't necessarily believe it is racism at work, I
don't know as if I can agree with the initial poster. But I do think Bonds
hit the nail on the head when he said it has a lot to do with how private a
person he is and how he doesn't kiss up to the media like Sosa, Giambi etc.

Get a life people, wake up Bonds is/has been/will continue to be singled out
etc

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:56:22 +1000, "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote:

>"nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
>> "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
>> > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
>> > sport
>> > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
>>
>> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
>
>Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!

You should get out more.

>He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?

He didn't commit a crime or break the rules moron.

Vinnie S.

"Eaglesclaw121" <eaglesclaw121@cox.net> wrote in message
> FF, you're obviously a sockpuppet of a regular here - who is it?

Your mom.

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

> "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
>> "Freedom Fries" <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote in message
>> > Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
>> > sport
>> > and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
>>
>> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
>
> Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
> He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?

how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
suspended?

If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would have
talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
unrepentant. If anything, they've been harder on Giambi relative to his
situation.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:36:10 GMT, "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote:

>"Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

>>> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
>>
>> Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
>> He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
>
>how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
>suspended?
>
>If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would have
>talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
>unrepentant.

I guess he'd have to have cheated like Giambi in order to have something
to apologize for.
--
Greg Lentz

Nikko

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Greg Lentz" <nodamnspam@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:36:10 GMT, "nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote:
>

>>"Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

>>> Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
>>> He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
>>
>>how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
>>suspended?
>>
>>If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would
>>have
>>talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
>>unrepentant.
>
> I guess he'd have to have cheated like Giambi in order to have something
> to apologize for.

you're smart.

"nikko" <nothanks@seriouslynothanks.com> wrote in message

> you're smart.

For the first time in this thread you're right. He IS smart. Stop mindlessly
listening to whatever ESPN tells you.

Bonds is innocent, his lawyer insists

FLURRY OF DENIALS: Attorney says Giants' superstar slugger 'did not take
anything illegal'
Janine DeFao, Chronicle Staff Writer

The BALCO Probe

Barry Bonds' attorney said Friday that the Giants' home run king was
saddened by news reports linking him to possible steroid use, but he
insisted that his client was an innocent victim of a government smear
campaign.

"He did not take anything illegal. His best friend in the world (strength
trainer Greg Anderson) did not give him anything illegal," attorney Michael
Rains said, surrounded by about two dozen reporters and news crews on the
steps of an Oakland courthouse.

Rains was responding to a story in Friday's Chronicle detailing Bonds'
testimony last year before a federal grand jury investigating the Bay Area
Laboratory Co-Operative, known as BALCO. Federal prosecutors accuse the
firm's top officers and Anderson of distributing undetectable steroids to
elite athletes in the form of a rubbing cream and clear substance taken
orally. Anderson and three other men were indicted in February on charges of
money laundering and conspiracy to distribute steroids.

As reported in The Chronicle Thursday, New York Yankees star Jason Giambi
admitted to the grand jury that he used undetectable steroid drops and cream
provided by Anderson.

Bonds testified that he had received similarly described substances from
Anderson, his boyhood friend and trainer, but believed them to be flaxseed
oil and arthritis cream.

"He does not believe any of those substances were any type of anabolic
steroid or had any such properties," Rains said. He said it was common for
Bonds to use lotions and other supplements, and he had no reason to distrust
his longtime friend.

He said Bonds had used the substances only sporadically after the death of
his father, former Giants All-Star Bobby Bonds, in August 2003 and saw no
physical effect.

"He did not take these items in concert," Rains added. "He did not take them
systematically. He did not take them in a cyclical fashion like steroids
have to be taken to have an effect."

Despite the unequivocal denials, Rains pointed out that if the substances
had contained the undetectable steroid THG, it was not a banned substance at
the time.

"My client is hardly a chemist," he added.

He said Bonds was saddened by the news reports about himself and Giambi.

"He was sorry this has happened for a lot of reasons," said Rains, who said
he had spoken with Bonds Thursday night and Friday. "He understands the
potential tarnish on the game and on his friends and certainly on his own
stature."

He said Bonds also was concerned about the impact on his longtime friend,
Anderson.

Rains said Bonds had been unfairly targeted by federal prosecutors who had
been gunning for the slugger from the start. He said they had reneged on a
deal to let Bonds review documents before his grand jury testimony, as
others who testified were allowed to do.

Prosecutors wanted to "get Barry in front of the grand jury, sandbag him
with documents he had never seen before and hope he would stutter, stammer
and fail somehow to satisfactorily explain or he would make some other
mistake and it would be incriminating," Rains said.

Asked about the government's motivation, he said maybe the BALCO defendants
weren't "sexy enough."

"Maybe there's a lot of hatred and ill will toward Barry Bonds, and God only
knows there is," he added.

Rains said he has not seen a copy of Bonds' testimony or the documents Bonds
was questioned about before the grand jury. "They may be wholly fictitious,"
he said. "They may be creations by the government itself. We simply don't
know."

Rains accused the government of leaking Bonds' testimony, though he said he
had no proof. While U.S. District Judge Susan Illston and U.S. Attorney
Kevin V. Ryan, head of the San Francisco office, have requested that the
Justice Department investigate the leaks, Rains said he seriously doubted
the government "will rigorously look into the source of the leaks."

"The confidence of my client in the justice system has been eviscerated,"
Rains said. "He has been betrayed."

Rains said he had not been in contact with Major League Baseball about the
recent revelations and said he had no indication the league was conducting
its own investigation of Bonds.

He said Bonds had passed drug tests the past two seasons and looked forward
to being tested again.

"We know what the results are going to be," he said. "Barry Bonds is clean.
Barry Bonds is a great athlete. Some people will never accept it."

E-mail Janine DeFao at jdefao@sfchronicle.com.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:51:14 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
<bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:

>Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
>"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
>without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
>the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
>
>Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
>and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

Right, it must be racism. Couldn't have anything to do with the fact
that Bonds is a superstar about to break the sport's most cherished
record vs. Donelly who?

"Seth Jackson" <a@mindspring.invalid> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:51:14 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
> <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:
>
> >Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
> >"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
> >without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
> >the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
> >
> >Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
sport
> >and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
>
> Right, it must be racism.

I know.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

Jason Giambi is a minor footnote in baseball history, and would have
been, I believe, even if he'd been able to string together another
couple of .340/40/120 seasons. I think thirty years from now we'll be
thinking of him (if we're even thinking of him at all) as a 'roid
robot, and as another in the string of wastes; reminiscent, perhaps, of
Gooden and Strawberry. (Granted, they had real talent and pissed it
away; Giambi's got great eyesight and not much else.)
Barry Bonds, on the other hand, has not only drawn within spitting
distance of the most hallowed record in all of sports, but has done so
with a dramatic upward spike in performance at a time in life when most
athletes- hell, most people- are stumbling downhill. I'm not going to
say that Bonds doesn't have half a point as re: his treatment by the
public, but comparing Bonds and Giambi is ludicrous.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 22:31:49 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
<bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:

>"Seth Jackson" <a@mindspring.invalid> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:51:14 -0400, "Freedom Fries"
>> <bushwasresponsible@911.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
>> >"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
>> >without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
>> >the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
>> >
>> >Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the
>sport
>> >and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.
>>
>> Right, it must be racism.
>
>I know.

Nice snippage. I guess that reflects the limitations you have in your
ability to think.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.

MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is not
really comparable to Bonds as much as its comparable to Sammy Sosa corking
his bat. And IIRC, this penalty is on a similar scale to Sosa's penalty.

Come'on FF, you've got to give the MLB front office a little time to do a
proper investigation and analysis. You seemed to be asking for an immediate
high-tech lynching of Donnelly. IIRC, even Sammy Sosa was not immediately
suspended (though I could be wrong about that). MLB usually does wait until
their disciplinary office can look at the evidence, etc. before handing down
any suspensions. You've got to be fair and give'em 2-3 days.

Freedom Fries wrote in message <42b21e53$1_1@x-privat.org>...
>Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
>"Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
>without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
>the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
>
>Way to prove Bonds is right about the racism that still exists in the sport
>and media and among the fans. Clueless jerkoffs.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:25:05 -0400, "Fred Burton"
<fburton@starfire.mv.com> wrote:

>Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.
>
>MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is not
>really comparable to Bonds

Right, seeing as Bonds hasn't done anything.
--
Greg Lentz

"Vinnie S." <none@coldmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:56:22 +1000, "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com>
wrote:
> >He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
>
> He didn't commit a crime or break the rules moron.

Excuse me MORON, using steroids, which is an illegal drug, IS a crime.

I think YOU need to get out more.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

"nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote in message
> "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message
> > Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
> > He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
>
> how much was Bonds fined?

For what? He hasnt "confessed" to using steroids, so why would he incur a
fine.

> how long was he imprisoned?

For what? he hasnt done anything illegal - unlike Giambi who admitted to
using steroids, thats illegal.

> how long was he
> suspended?

For what? Nothing has been proven, he unlike Giambi has not confessed to
steroid use, nor has he been tested positive yet like some others.

> If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would
have
> talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
> unrepentant.

Why would he apologise? For what? he hasnt been found/proven to have done
anything wrong!!

> If anything, they've been harder on Giambi relative to his
> situation.

Bullshit! If Bonds actually came out like Giambi did and confessed and
testified in court that he took steroids everyone would be howling for his
blood!! And there would be nation wide campaigns to see that he was stricken
from baseball records - I dont care whether he is 3rd or 300th on the Career
HR records list - everyone who cheats should be treated in the same fashion.
So if that means they are treated as Giambi has been then fine, but dont be
thinking that different people require different punishments because of
their achievements!!

In article <DfydneeHydb4gi_fRVn-1g@comcast.com>,
wrote:

> Freedom Fries wrote:
> > Donnelly gets caught cheating and the media treats it like it's nothing.
> > "Hey who cares it happens all the time." Bonds is suspected of steroids
> > without proof and it turns into the greatest witch hunt since the days of
> > the founding slave owners, I mean fathers.
>
> Donnelly doesn't hit 40 HR's each year. Not to mention, pine tar on the
> glove isn't cheating unless he put it on the ball, which was not proven.
> One of Donnelly's teammates could've picked up his glove after an
> at-bat. Donnelly could have been using it for his hands, as reportedly
> most pitchers do. Who knows if he was cheating.

It's not cheating even if it is on his hands because pine tar does not
affect the trajectory of the ball. That's what the foreign substance
rules are there to cover, materials that alter the trajectory of the
ball to give the pitcher an advantage. Pine tar does not do that,
therefore Major League Baseball needs to amend the rule to reflect
reality.

--
JD

"Baseball is a dull game only for those with a dull mind"--Red Smith

In article <K7Jse.5833$jX6.1780@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"nikko" <nothanks@yourmomma.com> wrote:

> "Samfromoz" <coolcrabs@MYOB.com> wrote in message

> >> Yeah, just like they let Giambi off the hook. Idiot.
> >
> > Ummm........... Giambi *was* let off the hook!
> > He was not fined, imprisoned, suspended etc?
>
> how much was Bonds fined? how long was he imprisoned? how long was he
> suspended?

It ain't over. There hasn't even been a formal accusation.

> If Giambi was on the verge of breaking Aaron's record, the media would have
> talked about him more. He also apologized, whereas as Bonds has been
> unrepentant. If anything, they've been harder on Giambi relative to his
> situation.

If Bonds is telling the truth, then he has nothing to be repentant about.

--
JD

"Baseball is a dull game only for those with a dull mind"--Red Smith

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

Pine Tar does INDEED change the trajectory of the ball.

I pitch in a 38+ Men's Basbeall league - in agmae the other night I
went out there with some pine tar on my glove - I cleared it the ump he
was clueless and didn't care. The extra grip provided bythe pine tar
makes it easier to throw the curveball and, thus, increase the velocity
of the spin, making for a sharper break.

I was also able to get a little mor life out of a cut fastball.

And if a 39yo can get extra movement my first time out, you can imagine
what someone with major league talent and some practice can do!!

Greg Lentz wrote in message ...
>On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 09:25:05 -0400, "Fred Burton"
><fburton@starfire.mv.com> wrote:
>
>>Buzzzzzzzzzzz. Wrong.
>>
>>MLB just levied a 10 game suspension on Donnelly. What Donnelly did is
not
>>really comparable to Bonds
>
>Right, seeing as Bonds hasn't done anything.
>--
>Greg Lentz

No, not because Bonds has or hasn't done anything, but because Donnelly's
offense just isn't similar to Bonds' supposed offense.

What Donnelly has done was much, MUCH more similar to Sammy Sosa's corked
bat.

Archived from groups: alt.games.final-fantasy,rec.sport.baseball,alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees,alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox,alt.sports.baseball.sf-giants (More info?)

And to further explain, more spin - or a higher velocity spin - will
cause the ball to break sharper and later.

Indeed making the ball more difficult to hit.