Xbox 360 to PC using apple's "airplay" concept? HELP!

Cjam3

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
I am wondering if there is any way I can play xbox 360 games using a computer, but only using the the monitor and not the computer to actually run the game. :eek:

It would be nice if there was some kind of "app" or software that is available, for either windows or Mac OS X, that allowed you to run the application on your computer as a mirroring screen for the xbox 360.

I understand that Windows 8 integrates the two devices, but there is no way to use the computer screen through the windows 8 application as the "main" screen.

What I had in mind would be something that is launched from a desktop...opening in its own window which would display the xbox just as a TV would.
(maybe using something similar to apples "airplay" concept?)

If something like this does exist I would much appreciated being pointed in the right direction.

I currently own a mac but may be in the market for a new pc too, so information for either OS is helpful!

Thanks in advance!

hateborne

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

To my knowledge, no. There is nothing that would give you anywhere near the response time needed to play a game. You would be better off simply hooking the monitor up to the XBOX (most have multiple inputs).

-Hate

TRENDING THREADS