Sign in with
Your question

Fps drop on games

Tags:
  • FPS
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
November 8, 2012 2:06:30 PM

Hi guys, I have recently been getting some weird choppy gameplay (Counter strike source), this has caused my fps from (200+) to like 40fps.

I have tried various means of fixing it i.e. defrag certain files, defrag whole computer, antivirus scan and so on, but no luck at all.

Any ideas on how I can fix it will be appreciated. I was thinking of reformatting my pc but that is my last resort. on a side note I was think of upgrading my pc, a new case, motherboard, heat-sink, CPU and ram. Budget wise about £1000.

More about : fps drop games

November 16, 2012 8:05:44 AM

That is one immense post! 90% of the info there is not relevant to your question. I take it the PC you're running is a desktop PC. What could be happening is that your parts are overheating and your system is preventing the framerates from going higher so that yuor PC doesn't burn out. 200+ fps is actually a pretty big number. 40 fps is reasonable to be playing at. Have you checked the temps of your CPU/GPU when playing the games? If it shows critical then you probably know that's the problem. If not, then I'm not sure - maybe after a while computers tend to not work as well.
November 22, 2012 11:43:43 PM

Thanks for the reply, and yea it was the CPU/GPU overheating. Now I need some new stuff such as case to help get more air flow in as my current INSPIRON 580 is way too small with many components in it.
November 23, 2012 9:24:39 AM

No prob. I see you reduced the size of your first post ;) 
!