Fps drop on games

G

Hi guys, I have recently been getting some weird choppy gameplay (Counter strike source), this has caused my fps from (200+) to like 40fps.

I have tried various means of fixing it i.e. defrag certain files, defrag whole computer, antivirus scan and so on, but no luck at all.

Any ideas on how I can fix it will be appreciated. I was thinking of reformatting my pc but that is my last resort. on a side note I was think of upgrading my pc, a new case, motherboard, heat-sink, CPU and ram. Budget wise about £1000.

The Stealthinator

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2012
That is one immense post! 90% of the info there is not relevant to your question. I take it the PC you're running is a desktop PC. What could be happening is that your parts are overheating and your system is preventing the framerates from going higher so that yuor PC doesn't burn out. 200+ fps is actually a pretty big number. 40 fps is reasonable to be playing at. Have you checked the temps of your CPU/GPU when playing the games? If it shows critical then you probably know that's the problem. If not, then I'm not sure - maybe after a while computers tend to not work as well.

G

Thanks for the reply, and yea it was the CPU/GPU overheating. Now I need some new stuff such as case to help get more air flow in as my current INSPIRON 580 is way too small with many components in it.

TRENDING THREADS