Making the Connection: The Xbox360 and the PC

Cjam3

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
I am wondering if there is any way I can play xbox 360 games using a computer, but only using the the monitor and not the computer to actually run the game.

It would be nice if there was some kind of "app" or software that is available, for either windows or Mac OS X, that allowed you to run the application on your computer as a mirroring screen for the xbox 360.

I understand that Windows 8 integrates the two devices, but there is no way to use the computer screen through the windows 8 application as the "main" screen.

What I had in mind would be something that is launched from a desktop...opening in its own window which would display the xbox just as a TV would.
(maybe using something similar to apples "airplay" concept?)

If something like this does exist I would much appreciated being pointed in the right direction.

I currently own a mac but may be in the market for a new pc too, so information for either OS is helpful!

Thanks in advance!

ryanwyvill1

Honorable
Jun 29, 2012
Err i'm not too sure but there is something called a KVM switch i think where you can switch between two Pc's conencted to one monitor with the flick of a switch. Presuming that you are running the xbox with a hdmi you could do something like that. Or really simple just plug both into a TV.

Cjam3

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
KVM switch looks like a good solution for now. Thanks for the help.

I currently have each plugged into a tv now via HDMIs, however I've been contemplating ditching my cable box for a sff comp or mini htpc... so it would be nice to be able to use everything from one TV input.

Thanks again