Recording/live commentary

Chdrock

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I have searched and searched and watched probably 30+ videos but still cannot figure out how to record my voice on either ps3 or Xbox 360. Obviously the easiest way is probably a voice over but there has to be a better way.

Does any know here know the best way (aside from voice over) to record my voice while playing?

I have a hauppauge hd pvr 2 and even if I HAD to do a voice over it wouldn't be too bad considering my computer, Xbox, ps3 and television are all within 5 feet of each other. But I'd like to have the audio synced perfectly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

What I'm working with:
Xbox 360
Playstation 3
Hauppauge HD PVR 2
Alienware X51
TV & Computer Monitor

Chdrock

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Is the quality of the video degraded at all? Or even the audio?

I have had a subscription to XSplit for a little while but never thought do to that. I will just not have to figure out if I can leave my mic attached to the console so I can speak to them or not.

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

I haven't used it so not sure, but I am pretty sure that's how most of the the streamer's on twitch and own3d.tv archive their livestreams for later use as VOD's etc.

Chdrock

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Ok cool, I appreciate the help and ill try it out.

I have a set of Turtle Beach X12 and I just ordered another adapter for the extra white cable that is not used on them for the Xbox. Hopefully this will make it a bit easier to record my voice along with the I game voices.

Mainly it would just be easiest to be able to record everything off the same mic. That is ultimately what I am trying to accomplish. It would make sense for hauppauge to include something like this in the pvr but I guess they just don't make one yet.

Any more suggestions would be great I'm willing to try anything at this point.

TRENDING THREADS