Sign in with
Your question

Will anyone else be playing BO2 on PC?

Last response: in Video Games
November 8, 2012 9:04:35 PM

I went ahead and pre ordered Black Ops 2 on PC. I'm not a wall hacker or Aim Botter, PC's just that much better (why play at 720p @30fps when I can play at 1920x1080 @ 60fps with a KB&M). Just asking who else will be picking it up playing on PC rather than console.

Edit: Here's the minimum system requirements

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz
Memory: 2GB for 32-bit OS or 4GB for 64-bit OS
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB or ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB

More about : playing bo2

November 8, 2012 9:18:16 PM

What performance optimizations have you introduced for Black Ops II?
Performance has been a top priority for Black Ops II PC from day one and we have achieved significant improvements. We’ve improved the way the engine handles multiple threads. Additionally, we moved the engine from DX9 to DX11. The DX11 API is leaner than DX9 and requires less CPU time to do the same amount of work. It is important to point out that this benefits the entire range of supported GPUs, not just DX11 hardware. We have also added more “quality vs performance” options than ever before so you can customize your experience to either run faster or to satisfy your taste in eye candy.

What anti-cheat will be used?
Anti-cheat is a top priority for Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. We have developed our own proprietary server-side anti-cheat technology which will work alongside VAC to deliver the most advanced detection and banning capabilities of any Call of Duty game to date. We have also improved our player reporting system to make it the most effective way that you can help us catch cheaters. And starting on launch day we will have a full-time dedicated pc anti-cheat team focused solely on detecting and banning cheaters. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. Cheaters bans are permanent.
m
l
November 8, 2012 10:00:15 PM

I will be getting BOII for Xbox, simply because all my friends and I enjoy playing it together, and most of them are ignorant console users, who, despite the fact that their computers could probably play it on medium at 1080P, play it on Xbox.

If that weren't the case, I'd get it on PC for sure.
m
l
Related resources
November 8, 2012 10:55:29 PM

Hi :) 

I will buy it for PC...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
November 9, 2012 2:39:13 AM

I'm interested that someone should have to qualify themselves as "not an aimbotter" for buying a game on PC instead of console. It implies that consoles don't have aim-assist built into the game from the ground up. lol

Those console "purists" lol. Oh lawdy.
m
l
November 9, 2012 3:03:21 AM

definitely pc man......
There's no point pondering about . Pc will feature exclusive and breathtaking graphics as promised by treyarch......
So i don't think i would be switching on my xbox after letting it rust for more than 2 years...
Pc.....pc....lol.....!!
m
l
November 9, 2012 5:03:39 AM

casualcolors said:
I'm interested that someone should have to qualify themselves as "not an aimbotter" for buying a game on PC instead of console. It implies that consoles don't have aim-assist built into the game from the ground up. lol

Those console "purists" lol. Oh lawdy.

Because that's the first thing my friends called me when I told them I was getting it for PC. I wanted it so I could be a "hacker". I even stated that both consoles were riddled with prestige & stat reset lobbies and I got it on PC for the control of the KB & M and the MUCH better graphics.

I didn't know if I had to defend myself here as well.
m
l
November 9, 2012 5:35:35 AM

dscudella said:
Because that's the first thing my friends called me when I told them I was getting it for PC. I wanted it so I could be a "hacker". I even stated that both consoles were riddled with prestige & stat reset lobbies and I got it on PC for the control of the KB & M and the MUCH better graphics.

I didn't know if I had to defend myself here as well.

I'm more commenting on the thought process of people playing video games on consoles than on your personal conduct =)
m
l
November 9, 2012 7:14:23 AM

they come out with any excuse to justify them staying with aging hardware.
this aimbotter cheat thing happened when the gap grew to a very noticeable level, about the time alan wake arrived on xbox.
pc owners then became gfx whores in there eyes.
then it was botters and cheats. even though the pc has the best anti cheat systems that will ban a cheat within 2 weeks of release in most cases.
remind them of that and they still crow. even when you tell em the only time sum1 gets banned on xbox is if they play illegal games, they can cheat as much as they want untill they get consistent complaints...
my nephew for instance reported a cheat the next time he tried to sign in his account had been suspended because he hurled abuse at the guy cheating...
seriously you have more chance of being banned for bad language than cheating on the live network.
m
l
!